Boy, is this forum dead today or what?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, we used to have this thread, so I'm assuming Ed deleted it because this mysterious forum member who keeps insist all of his or her posts be deleted, for whatever reason, ruining threads for everybody else.
I am sorry, but that is straight up ridiculous; most forums won't even allow posts to be removed, but that is not a good way of going about it.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I am sorry, but that is straight up ridiculous; most forums won't even allow posts to be removed, but that is not a good way of going about it.
Exactly. MC's staff need to realize that the best thing to is to reinstall the ability to delete your own posts at any time, and that you can tick off a hundred people for one person's issues. It's stupid. I wish Philip would actually get his act together and become a person again. I just can't.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The age-old excuse is that "people will abuse that feature."

This is why we also aren't allowed to go back and edit our posts after a certain amount of time (usually an hour).

To be fair, I can see both sides of the fence here: on the one hand, there have been occasions where people will go back and edit, and/or delete their old posts, and it makes specific replies to that post suddenly make less sense, and seem confusing - I can see the reasoning behind that. However, on the other hand, it's not a very common occurence, so I don't enabling those restrictions really justify the means for them . . . it's like a forum version of us all having to be molested to get on a plane, just because of a few bad seeds . . . or, all of us having to empty our pockets, and take off our shoes, to enter a public event, just because of a few bad seeds . . . or, all of us having to have an I.D. check to buy cold medicine, just because of a few bad seeds.

And, in Ed's case . . . I mean, yeaaah . . . deleting the entire thread, instead of going through each individual page (which is sometimes over 100) to look for one specific member's posts is a lot easier and less time-consuming, even if it isn't fair to the rest of us.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I have never been on a forum besides this one that doesn't allow people to edit their own posts. It's stupid. Period.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've also never been on a forum besides this one that doesn't allow images in signatures.

But, also, once upon a time, MC didn't allow embedded images or videos in posts, there was limit of three smileys per post, avatars couldn't be larger than 64x64 pixels, and signatures couldn't exceed 1,000 characters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to Phil, it's less about the size and layout of the forum, and more about the annoyance of seeing the same images repeated in a thread from the same people posting multiple replies in a single page.

When the forum moved from vBulletin to XenForo, we actually had the ability to embed images in our signatures for, like, two days, before he did away with it again.

MWoO

Reaction score
I dont understand the odd choices made. Sig pics are pretty standard and deleting entire threads just because someone asked for an old post to be deleted is dumb. Its like a weird sense of control they need.

I can not imagine that post editing and deleting is such a huge problem that we cant have that feature enabled.

This board us dieing and its a real shame. I remeber when this place was hoping and Palisades was pumping out figures, custom figure posts would abound, web videos were coming out and movies were upcoming we could all talk about. Now its a ghost town with almost no actual Muppet talk happens.

I havent seen the news section get a real update in forever. Last post is Muppet Guys Talking and before that its the Flowers on the Wall video from over 3 years ago, not even anything on the 2015 series. If this was my only source for Muppet news I would think no one has heard from them since 2015.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
This is why I like the Discord. Things actually happen, discussion is more rapid, it's a little more uncensored which lets you say things that would be taboo right here and it's helped make the community stronger on the actual forums themselves. And speaking as an admin, when you come to us with a report or a request, we listen. Something gets done. If Phil gave the staff powers over to the Discord staff, Muppet Central would be hopping faster than a strip club in late August.

gravy

Reaction score
This is why I like the Discord. Things actually happen, discussion is more rapid, it's a little more uncensored which lets you say things that would be taboo right here and it's helped make the community stronger on the actual forums themselves. And speaking as an admin, when you come to us with a report or a request, we listen. Something gets done. If Phil gave the staff powers over to the Discord staff, Muppet Central would be hopping faster than a strip club in late August.