Boy, is this forum dead today or what?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i mean i dont know how the layout works for a mod, but why cant they just 'view all posts' by that person and delete them from there? dont most forums have an option to delete all posts by a single member? I've never seen this deleting an entire thread because a person wants a post deleted thing on any other forum

Old Thunder

Reaction score
i mean i dont know how the layout works for a mod, but why cant they just 'view all posts' by that person and delete them from there? dont most forums have an option to delete all posts by a single member? I've never seen this deleting an entire thread because a person wants a post deleted thing on any other forum
They don't have that option on other forums IIRC, unless you mean going to the "view user's posts" thing and deleting them manually from there.

MWoO

Reaction score
This is why I like the Discord. Things actually happen, discussion is more rapid, it's a little more uncensored which lets you say things that would be taboo right here and it's helped make the community stronger on the actual forums themselves. And speaking as an admin, when you come to us with a report or a request, we listen. Something gets done. If Phil gave the staff powers over to the Discord staff, Muppet Central would be hopping faster than a strip club in late August.
How does one find the muppet discord?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
l blame the Discord
Aww, poor Snowth. Always blaming the discord cause he knows it’s better than the forums. :wink:
I don't really blame the Discord. I blame the Muppets not putting out any major projects lately. Because let's be honest - MC is only really active whenever there's big Muppet news going around.

Maybe MC will be more lively next year during Sesame Street's 50th season.
Pretty much! Like, I remember in the summer of last year how active it was because of the controversy going on with Steve Whitmire’s firing.

But yes, I can certainly predict a lot of activity during the 50th anniversary next year.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually have been taking a mental health break from social media because some personal issues I found out before Christmas put me in such a down mood, but as of now, to tell you the truth, i’ve kind of lost some respect for this site.

Our current admin is never there when we need him. He just pops up when something big is going on or what have you. And as a result, nothing is ever settled down anymore when it comes to people who need the boot or even just anything that needs fixing.

Also doesn’t help that Ed and Phil’s views on who should be admins are pretty biased (and quite honestly, kind of hypocritical, not sorry saying this).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Our current admin is never there when we need him. He just pops up when something big is going on or what have you. And as a result, nothing is ever settled down anymore when it comes to people who need the boot or even just anything that needs fixing.

Also doesn’t help that Ed and Phil’s views on who should be admins are pretty biased (and quite honestly, kind of hypocritical, not sorry saying this).
People could easily make a new forum, but waahhhh we're not allowed to have more than two forums for muppet fans. *shrug* the fact that we haven't had any real problems outside of maybe one or two people is a miracle in itself and probably why no one feels the need to do something.

here's the thing about mods. people want someone who's perfect with absolutely no faults, which is just unrealistic. i mean i'd like to think i stay pretty neutral but even I have my moments of bad choices and judgment. Unless you're a robot no one is free from emotional bias. But i really don't fault Ed in any of this. He's doing what he can with what little he has to work with. He's been mod for this site for an extremely long time and its bound to wear on you after a while if you're the only mod

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@Sgt Floyd oh yeah, I absolutely agree he’s done a wonderful job. The one thing that just bugs me is some people aren’t chosen because “they aren’t active enough”, and yet we have an admin that barely does anything on this site.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
@Sgt Floyd oh yeah, I absolutely agree he’s done a wonderful job. The one thing that just bugs me is some people aren’t chosen because “they aren’t active enough”, and yet we have an admin that barely does anything on this site.
ah yeah good point.

not to mention activity is subjective. someone might log in regularly but just dont post anything

but honestly until phil is willing to give mods the powers that they actually need to mod a forum, multiple mods isn't going to solve the problem. we'll still have the same problems, just with multiple mods that cant do anything