1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Boy, is this forum dead today or what?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Dec 29, 2018.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

How do you figure that? You can't even access a Discord server without a link, and even so, you still have to be invited and approved to even view the server. It's kind of like saying it's easier to walk into a private country club than it is a public park.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  2. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

Forgot the discord, when is the next live stream?!?!

3. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I PM'd you.

4. Misskermie

Misskermie Well-Known Member

So, is Discord a webchat or an IM chat? I'm confused.

5. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

It’s like a message board.

6. D'Snowth

Opposite day?

7. Old Thunder

Snowth Takes A Bath In Thermonucleic Acid And Wakes Up 5 Hours Later In A Puddle Of Elon's Musk's Disintegrating Melons. In Related News, We Are All Dying This Summer.

LittleJerry92 and newsmanfan like this.
  8. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

i have no idea what you mean by web chat but it's both private IMs with the option to join chat rooms that people have made called servers.

Blue Frackle and gavry3 like this.
  9. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

The forum as a concept is dying, but I don't think this one is -- I'm with Thunder that this is just a lull. This is still one of the more active forums I'm a member of... just look at the activity of this thread.

Discord can be accesses via your internet browser or its own app (I think at this point you just have to check it out); it's basically a chat room (you can post images and stuff, there's voice chat, etc). We have the Muppet Central discord, and within it is rooms for Muppet discussion, Sesame discussion, general "talk" ( :D - every time I go on there I just see "Gavry YMCA Johnson", which I have no clue what that's about, hahaha), etc. It's essentially a more immediate forum.

I don't use it as much because it's easier to find out about news on the forum and if you're not there you can miss a lot. It's good for when something major happens; we were going crazy over there and on the Lost Media discord when a new still for the Margaret Hamilton episode was found.

10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Lol, yeah. It's really just that one member, but yah, it's weird.

11. Sgt Floyd

can people stop saying discord is a chat room? Its not. There are chat rooms ON discord but discord itself is like any other IM program like skype. you're just confusing people who dont know what discord the program is

LittleJerry92 and gavry3 like this.
  12. D'Snowth

Well, 1,000 Eyes said it was a message board, but it's not. This is a message board - it's what forums used to be called before they were called forums. Discord is not a message board.

newsmanfan likes this.
  13. Misskermie

Discord is Discord. This is what I'm settling on lol

14. Old Thunder

You’re quoting me like you quote your politics: badly. I said it’s like a message board, I didn’t say it is one. Jesus Christ, how stupid do you people think I am?

gavry3 and Blue Frackle like this.
  15. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll start coming back to the Discord as well.

16. Misskermie

I just signed up for it because I found the thread. Of course, it seems like an off time to be around

Old Thunder likes this.
  17. Sgt Floyd

you are still totally incorrect with that comparison though.

Servers can function like message boards. But you said discord is like a message board and the program itself is nothing like that. When you're explaining what discord is, you gotta make the distinction between discord as the program and a discord server, which you have not been doing.

18. D'Snowth

It's considerable. Because you always act like you're right about everything and so above it all, when you're really not.

19. Misskermie

Little bit of tension here, I see.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  20. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Snowth, I hope you're prepared for what's about to go down...