Brian Henson at Newport Beach Film Festival

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
Hello All

Just got home from the Screenings at the Newport Beach Film Festival. As some of you might know the Newport Beach Film Festival was screening both the Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal in honor of the 50th Anniversary of the Jim Henson Company.

Heather Henson was involved all day in various seminars and appeared at both screenings. But to my Surprise at the end of the Labyrinth screening Brian Henson came down to answer some questions. He also introduced The Dark Crystal. They did a short question and answer at both and i was able to say Hi to Brian after the screenings. They also had cake for everyone who was at the screenings that had the Jim Henson Company's logo as it appears on Henson.com. In a very nice gesture the City of Newport Beach declaired April 23, 2005 Jim Henson Day in the City of Newport Beach.

Its to bad they didn't do something like this at Muppet Fest but in a way it was much like a Mini Muppet Fest. It was a lot of fun getting to say Hi to Brian and see both of these films were they should be seen. The Dark Crystal deserves to be seen on in a theater it was even more amazing then it is on DVD or VHS. Well i will have more later.

Christopher

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
I'm jealous your getting to spend a year in Europe ;-). Stop by the creature shop in london.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
AruggeRadio said:
Hello All

Just got home from the Screenings at the Newport Beach Film Festival. As some of you might know the Newport Beach Film Festival was screening both the Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal in honor of the 50th Anniversary of the Jim Henson Company.

Heather Henson was involved all day in various seminars and appeared at both screenings.

Christopher

so what else did they show??

iwould ike to hear more about the films that were shown,

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
Stulz - I don't think we did meet. Unless you were the guy in front of me that was taking pictures of the various signs I may not have seen you even unfortunately.

Ravagefrackle - As for the other movies that played there were a collection of Short films that Jim made during the early days of the Henson Company that they played. These included The Kingdom of 8 and another Sesame Street short along with some more introspective peaces. I have a listing of them but that unfortunately is in my car and i won't be down by it until morning. They played the same serese of about 6 shorts before both films.

The event was quite fun, i was surprised not to see a larger Muppet Central Group. Like i said, i wish they would have shown these films as a part of Muppet Fest in 2001. We all should see especially Dark Crystal on a big screen as Jim Henson fans once in our lives. If we ever get a fan driven convention like MuppetFest maybe we can do that. Heck if there can be Botcon a fan convention in honor of the Transformers and it makes money I'm sure we could do it with the right situation with the Muppets.

Christopher

Stulz

Reaction score
AruggeRadio said:
Stulz - I don't think we did meet. Unless you were the guy in front of me that was taking pictures of the various signs I may not have seen you even unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure that was me. Was the guy tall, with brown hair, and wearing a leather jacket?

If so it was me!