Brian & Lisa Henson named Co-CEOs; Rivkin steps down

Luke

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
our company’s mission: making the world a better place by inspiring people to celebrate life.”
... and she was doing so well until she began to sound like a Miss World contestant vowing to bring about world peace. I know they mean well but they are a TV company, if they could just focus on making good TV shows it would be a start - healing the world would be nice but Michael Jackson tried that and look where it got him !

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Luke said:
... and she was doing so well until she began to sound like a Miss World contestant vowing to bring about world peace. I know they mean well but they are a TV company, if they could just focus on making good TV shows it would be a start - healing the world would be nice but Michael Jackson tried that and look where it got him !
Next up on the news at 10: Brian Henson dangles Kermit the Frog out a hotel room window...

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
Next up on the news at 10: Brian Henson dangles Kermit the Frog out a hotel room window...
So that was HIM! What people do to revitalize a franchise...

:crazy:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
don't worry I don't know what ankled is, either.....although, I've been sticking different body parts in that title for fun, today....gosh I'm bored....

I'm actually indifferent on this, I won't have an opinion until I see something happen, because talk is cheap (to be short and to the point)

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
don't worry I don't know what ankled is, either.....although, I've been sticking different body parts in that title for fun, today....gosh I'm bored....
I looked it up and ankle refers to: that part around your foot. So don't really know how it applies to Rivkin. I guess it means something our puny minds cannot even begin to grasp. Ankle.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
my dictionary says divisions of the leg....hmm.....maybe Rivkin can wrist Henson next.....or Neck!

Gusworld

Reaction score
Variety is infamous for using its own highly unusual vocabulary in its headlines and stories. 'Ankled' is probably the best known of these; it means to walk out of a job (as opposed to getting the boot, hem hem).

Cheers
Gus

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
"and she was doing so well until she began to sound like a Miss World contestant vowing to bring about world peace."

Luke. Lisa was quoting the Jim Henson Company's actual Mission Statement.

"I know they mean well but they are a TV company, if they could just focus on making good TV shows it would be a start."

The Jim Henson Company is much, much more than a TV company. Besides. TV doesn't exist in a vacuum. What point is a TV show without any values behind it?

And what have you done for the world lately?

secret squirrel