BRUCE the GORILLA on Ebay - check out his video

Keeermit

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals of Muppet Central Forum, I have another puppet up on Ebay and as always would love some feedback - as i value everyones opinion. I have had a little help with putting this Ebay Puppet up from a friend who is a little more into web designing etc so i have a video this time and a lot more photos. so check it out at http://cgi.ebay.com/BRUCE-the-GORIL...ryZ11741QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and hide your bananas!
cheers
jarrod boutcher

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/puppets

pjspuppets

Reaction score
adorable gorilla

Jarrod,

Terrific puppet... again.

I wanna be just like you when I grow up. :smile:

Good luck on e-bay.

Pat

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, that's the best, yet only Gorilla puppet I've ever seen! It's awesome!

nickbachman

Reaction score
i was just wondering how many auctions very similar to Tztz's would show up after his puppet sold for $810...cool puppet! how did you get all that feedback from the muppeteers?

Iokitek

Reaction score
ok I'll be honest since you asked for feedback :smile: I absolutely love the puppet except for one detail wich is the eyebrow(s?) I think it should've been covered with fur or something. I don't know. But it seems to be off. Perhaps something to look into next time. Or it's just me. In that case just ignore me :wink:

Other than that I think it's great :smile: I especially enjoyed watching the video. Did you get that idea from Tztz? That's good marketing strategy.

I'm working on my first eBay puppet at the moment. Just to see what I can get for it. But I went a little overboard and now it's turning into some kind of alien bounty hunter or something. Perhaps I should just put that aside for abit and aim at a more general audience by making something cute and 'simple' instead. What type of puppets do well on eBay according to your experience?

I thought your red haired lady and the Damon Punk were really cool. And I was surprised to see how low the bids were on them actually. While for instance the Blue Devil made by Tztz went for a whopping $810! That's a whole months salary for me. I just don't get where the difference is. Your puppets should get high bids like that aswell if you ask me. So is it just a matter of who's bidding? A matter of good luck or bad luck?

Keeermit

Reaction score
Hi there all, thanks as always for your input into my puppets - i really do appreciate you guys taking the time to respond. I did try Bruce with eyebrows but it just didnt look right, it made his expression to permanent, with out eye brows lets him have a few more emotions - but i will keep it in mind - if the winner wants eyebrows i can certainly add them. I actually got the idea to add a video clip from paulys puppets - he does great videos which i always watch when he puts them up - he does great character voices for his characters! Plus as i said i had a friend help me this time to teach me how to advertise better, which i think does look good - but there are a few design problems on the page i want to fix for my next auction. As for the prices that my last few puppets have gone for, i consider them good prices as they are only puppets i have built for Ebay between my regular puppet making for clients. As long as I cover the costs of making the puppets - i really just want to get my puppets out there because puppets are great! thank you once again and i wil keep you up to date with my ventures.
cheers
jarrod boutcher

Iokitek

Reaction score
Well you and others have certainly inspired me to do some more puppetbuilding. So keep an eye out for my first auction (if I can actually part with it, because the puppet I'm working on now is so cool). I've seen those PaulyPuppets movies before and they were indeed fun to watch. Your voice acting is very good aswell though.

Phantom

Reaction score
All this great work is starting to give me an inferiority complex....oh well. Keep up the good work guys.