1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Buckethead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Thunder, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So there are several threads we talk about music in, but here I wanna talk about a specific artist - Buckethead. Yeah. The guy who wears a KFC bucket and a Michael Myers mask and somehow happens to be one of the most insanely talented guitarists on the planet. And prolific. My god, prolific. Over 300 albums, not to mention other solo works and appearances with other musicians. This guy is crazy. In a very, very good way. I love Buckethead's stuff. He's one of my top five favorite artists.

It might seem surprising that I'd start a Buckethead thread before a Maiden one, but I honestly think you guys might appreciate him a little more. When I say "you guys" I don't mean people like @LittleJerry92 (though if he hasn't heard him he needs to). I mean more of the non-metal fans here. Why do I think this? Simply because Big B isn't really metal. He's actually got a finger in several genres - metal, rock, alt, electronic, etc. And most of his stuff is instrumental. When I say most, I mean that there's only 1 album he's every released, if I recall correctly, to feature vocals. The rest might have some soundbits but no actual singing. Hence, with so many genres and albums to choose from, and no potentially bad vocals to listen to, not to mention his quirks which Muppet fans in particular would likely enjoy, I honestly think he'd be something you guys would like.

So anyways, I'm not too far into his discography, relatively, but I thought I'd post this just the same. If anyone's interested in him and need some pointers - or if you've already heard his music and wanna have a chat with Old Thunder here, let's get this show on the road.

~
    Welcome to
    BUCKETHEADLAND
    ~

2. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Guitar Hero 2 - Jordan - awesome song! That's all I can really offer.:sympathy::smirk:

3. Old Thunder

Ah yes, Jordan. Not Buckethead's best song but - it's Buckethead! Great jam! I've never played a Guitar Hero game in my life but I feel sorry for those who attempted this one, lol. :p

Blue Frackle likes this.
  4. Blue Frackle

I imagine it's easier to play on a real guitar.:D

5. Old Thunder

For Buckethead, at least. :D

Fun fact about Jordan if you didn't know already - it was released specifically for Guitar Hero II and hasn't actually ever been released on one of his albums. He also considers it has personal favorite IIRC.

Since you like Jordan, by the way, you may also enjoy some of these:

King James
    Awesome opener to Crime Slunk Scene and a personal favorite of mine. Very cool.

Soothsayer
    One of Bucket's most popular works and one many consider his finest creation. Written for his Aunt Suzie, it's highly emotional and a masterpiece of guitar and is the song that got me into him.

Nottingham Lace
    The other extremely popular Buckethead song. It's usually a toss-up between Jordan, Nottingham Lace, and Soothsayer for best Buckethead song.

The Rising Sun
    This was released in honor of Japan disaster victims and IIRC all proceeds went to help them out.

And I mean, beyond this... just some amazing stuff you'll find in his repertoire.

6. Old Thunder

7. Old Thunder

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  8. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I'll be sure to put it on my bucket list.

9. Blue Frackle

10. Old Thunder

I linked four songs about, so you've got no excuse.

11. Blue Frackle

Oh God; the profile picture has changed. It's business now guys.

LittleJerry92 and Old Thunder like this.
  12. Old Thunder

Just 'til Hallowe'en ends. I'm using October as a break from the Moby Dick stuff.