BUFFY Series Finale ... Anyone Else Excited?

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Just finished watching tonight's episode ...very good ... added even more suspense to the upcoming finale (Which I'm sure will be both emotional & awesome!)!

Anybody else here a fan of the show?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm excited that it's cancelled...

I never liked it at all...

I perfer the movie.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Oh God ... the movie is terrible! It's even dumber than GREASE 2 (Although the soundtrack for G2 is pretty good)

leliebel

Reaction score
We're up to episode 5 or 6 in the netherlands, so we have a long way to go.

nenur nenur neeenur :stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those rare people who enjoyed the film and the television program. They share the same name and initial storyline, but the similarities end there. The film was an entirely different brand of humor that worked on its own level, although I like the series more. Neither makes my top ten, but Joss Wheaton created a quite unique show in Buffy.

It took Buffy to reach syndication for me to take the television series seriously. It's easy for outsiders to see the show as tacky or trite, but once you view several episodes, you are hooked on the characters. That's what the show is really about. It's one of the few series where the cast actually grows and changes. That is precisely why it's lasted so long.

I hear there will be another spin off. I'm not sure how they'll do it without the core characters. I stopped watching the episodes when Dawn received more screen time. I can't stand Michelle Tractenberg (the mousy girl from "Harriet the Spy". She's a terrible actress with a voice like fingernails on a chalkboard. I hope she's not the star of the new series.

So anyway, I have only seen about half of the Buffy episodes, probably more, and I'm excited about the finale. I actually think the show has more life in it, but it's best to quit while they're ahead.

BTW, do Allison and Sarah really hate each other? I'd find that unfrotunate. They are both so good in the show.

scarecroe

Reaction score
There are no current plans for a spin-off, although Joss and Tony Head have been wanting to do a "Ripper" series for a couple years now. Tony may be on Angel next season either as a regular or recurring cast member the way he was this season of Buffy. With any luck, this may finally lead to a new series for the BBC.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
The show is well-written and has a lot of very creative storylines; that is why it's so popular and, for me, great.

I didn't get into BUFFY until UPN purchased the rights & began showing new episodes. Actually, it was my much younger sister who turned me onto the show after UPN got it; and now I'm hooked!

A while back, she actually asked (Kinda sarcastically) why I, a college student, love the same things she and her friends -- middle school students -- do (BUFFY, SPONGEBOB, HEY ARNOLD, LIFE WITH GINGER, etc) :smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Anthony Head won't be on Angel next year (well not as a regular cast member at any rate), but the character of Spike will be moving over. The season-ender of Angel spun the show in a totally new direction but left no clue as to how Spike will be joining up, although (presumably) we'll have some idea after the Buffy finale next week.

I'm a big fan of "Buffy". Although I didn't watch as frequently the last few years, I think it's one of the smartest shows on TV. Not everybody gets it, I think, because really the show is all about subtext. It's not paint-by-the-numbers TV. It reminds me alot of British television because unlike a show like Star Trek, they're not going to explain everything going on all the time. You have to think a little.