Bugged...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, what's with this? Here it is, the dead of fall, the weather's been cool for a while now, already overnight frost has become common, and winter's just around the corner...

Yet, all these bugs are still out and about!

Flies, bees, wasps, moths, aiphids, mosquitoes... whatever happened to the good old days when most insects were among the many animals that hibernated for the fall and winter? I mean lack of insects to bug me was always one of the perks to look forward to this time of year, and now THEY'RE ALL BE-BOPPIN' AND SCATTIN' AND I'M LOSIN' IT! To quote George Costanza.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Kermit: "Sorry 'bout that. I've been on a diet lately. Not only did I want to slim down a bit before Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas feasts but I also was feeling a little pressure to get myself back in 'Hollywood-shape' when Disney started sending out that Kismet the Frog understudy to take my place in public appearances. While I'll still do my best to maintain a healthy diet, I'll also try not to neglect my place in the ecosystem,"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aww Kermit, don't be like that! Come on frog, look at you, you're already a well-toned, mean, green, fightin' machine! So many you have a few extra ounces, so what? You look healthy, frog! Don't give into the media and peer pressures just to be "accepted" by society that demands "perfection".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Has it been really cold and had a hard freeze yet where you are? Sometimes that does it. Of course, regionally, people have been seeing Indian Summer (not near here and I'm pretty mad about it--- in fact, we've seen the exact opposite with well below normal temps, except for Halloween). I saw one bug a couple days ago... usually if it's been warm for an extended period of time I'll see all these moths... but that's about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I found a firefly in my room this morning...

A firefly? In NOVEMBER? !