to the Muppet Central Forum!
are viewing our forum as a guest. Join
our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please
contact us if
you need help with registration or your account login.
Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by MIKEB97, Jan 3, 2003.
How do I build a puppet similar to Roosevelt Franklin?
i was gonna make a Roosevelt Franklin once but i didnt have all the stuff. but here was my PLAN. and it seems pretty simple since he's a small puppet
1) Take 2 small purple socks. do NOT operated with the mouth at the toes. Operate it with the mouth more at the heel. (kinda like Ed The Sock, only with a movable mouth)
2) Cut the front part, not the WHOLE sock, just the part where the mouth should be.
3) its time to make the inside of the mouth. U should use cardboard. fold the cardboard 2 make a mouth. make sure it's perfectly flat and doesnt shoot up after u fold it & let go.
4) cut the cardboard 2 the right shape of the mouth
5) Glue these "pocket" things on the top and bottom of the folded cardboard cut the cardboard 2 the right shape of the mouth and glue it in w/ a glue gun.
6) there u have it...one problem...the head is a floppy. thats when u take the OTHER purple sock, put it OVER the puppet
7) Cut that sock (the exact same cutting u did on the 1st sock).
8) Then u put cotton stuffing in between the 2 socks. not lots, or he'll look fat. just put enough in 2 make his head stiff and not floppy.
9) Glue the socks together.
Time for the accessories
1) Add the eyes and the hair. For the hair, use black feathers or maybe even wool. For it to spike, use Elmers glue. It gives a firm hold on the hair. Trust me, I know!
2) Cover the inside of the mouth (the cardboard) with black felt.
3) The body - take a cotton-shirt material with thin yellow and red stripes. glue it onto the sock making a shirt. Then u add rod puppet arms and hands.
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!!
Separate names with a comma.