1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Bunsen and Beaker on "Wheel of Fortune"

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Daffyfan4ever, May 3, 2018.

1. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice Bunsen and Beaker appeared in the cold opening of Wheel of Fortune today? This week the shows were from Walt Disney World and they have cold openings with Disney characters, so it's good to see some Muppets get their chance to shine. Makes me wonder if some other Muppets will appear on the show on the Disney episodes.

MuppetsRule likes this.
  2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, it was the Muppet Mobile Lab. I was worried it was a new David Rudman performance as Beaker and I missed it.

3. Daffyfan4ever

Wait that wasn't Dave as Beaker? Was the Muppet mobile lab scene done when Steve was still performing him? (Or Richard, but I doubt they would have went that far back.) Now I"m confused. :confused:

4. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

The scene was done recently, but the Muppet Mobile Labs uses on-site (or rather off site) voice actors. While I can say that Bunsen is not performed by Dave Goelz here, I am not sure about Beaker. I believe Beakers parts are pre-recorded soundbites, so it would most likely be Steve's performance.

Muppy likes this.
  5. Daffyfan4ever

Oh, okay. I thought Bunsen sounded a little different there, but I was thinking it was just my ears. I never know that at Disney world the regular performers didn't perform their characters, though that would explain "Muppets Ahoy."

6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

So... What Steve has said is coming true. Multiple performers for the characters... great.

7. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

You really think Dave Goelz is going to work full time at Disney? They can't just have him record lines, they need someone to do live voice interaction with the guests.

Muppy likes this.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't mind someone else doing Bunsen for this thingy.

It's an interactive goo-gah, and really, Dave could only record so many things in advance for it to say. I doubt the average Disney visitor is gonna say, "Hey! That doesn't sound like Bunsen!"

Muppy likes this.
  9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Here is another video. Almost sounds like Peter Linz is doing Bunsan here.

10. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Honestly the guy doing Bunsen sounds pretty close to Dave's voice-wise.