Cabin Fever

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Did you ever notice how Jerry Nelson sings almost ALL of Cabin Fever? Haha. I've been singing along with that song since I was like 10, but today I was just listening to it and I was thinking "That's Jerry... that's him again... and again... whoops, and again, some female voice I can't place singing with... Jerry Nelson... yup, Jerry..." haha. Anyone else ever notice that?

janicegroupie

Reaction score
As soon as I read this I had to listen to the song. So I did especially listening for Jerry's voice and yeah he does sing a lot of the song! I love the song and have listened to it many times before but never even noticed it but then again I was never really paying attention to who was singing what until it was brought up.

ploobis

Reaction score
I think that song was the most popular song in the whole Muppet Treasure Island movie!

:smile: :concern:

Quesal

Reaction score
I did notice that now that you mention it. Nelson did a lot of that in The Irish Rodents number on Muppets Tonight as well.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Actually, if you listen closely, Jerry Nelson plays probably half the Muppet cast through the entire film! It's fantastic!

And then, he's also in the human cast...

"He will return at the feast of St. Lulu."

Super Scooter

Reaction score
By the way, here's a list of the characters Jerry Nelson plays in Muppet Treasure Island:

Inkspots
Sal Minella (Monkey#1)
An octopus (during "Shiver My Timbers")
Island Heads
Skulls (during "Shiver My Timbers")
Blind Pew
Old Joe
Squire Trelawney's Butler
Statler
Mad Monty
Rats (several throughout, including cheerleaders)
Lew Zealand
Purple Whatnot at the beginning of "Sailing for Adventure"
Monocled Pirate
Floyd Pepper
Big lipped Muppet with steam coming out of his ears in "Cabin Fever"
Jacques Roach ("Cabin Fever" only, Bill Barretta performs him during the duel with Gonzo)
Yodelling Goat (actually the one used in Sesame Street)
Spotted Dick ("Cabin Fever" only)
Pigs
Tomato

Silent characters include Robin and J.P. Grosse. And, of course, Jerry's voice is featured in all of the choruses.

Pork

Reaction score
That's very interesting. I didn't realize he played so many. That's awesome.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed from just watching the film and he was like everybody in it, lol!