Calendar Oneshots: February Bliss

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The night sky heralded another evening's onset within the town the Muppets lived in. Tonight, however, a light breeze swirled about as the stars could start to be spotted. All of this went unnoticed by most Muppets save one lone musician... Floyd Pepper—usually known to his bandmates as the hippest of the hip—had slunk away from the rest of the mayhem (literal and figurative) downstairs going on in the main townhouse. Wearing a loose-fitting black tee and comfortable pair of shorts, he'd brought his bass guitar with him as his raspy slippered feet shuffled up the steps leading to the building's rooftop.

Feeling the cool wind blowing upon his ponytailed tresses, he felt the music randomly forming a tune.
:Last time I saw her," he sang in an audible whisper.
"She sweetly kissed my lips…," Floyd's voice trailed off as he recognized someone standing in the doorway to the stairwell.
"Oh hi baby," Floyd greeted, as Janice walked over where he was seated, the air playing at the corners of her nightshirt.
"Like hi honey. Heard you singing, and you sounded good." "Oh, I was just messing around," the bassman admitted sheepishly. "Yeah?" "Mmmhm," came his reply. "Sure is rul nice up here, kind of cozy-like," she intimated, snuggling up to her steady beau. "Heh," laughed Floyd, "my woman knows how to please." "You know…," Janice began, remembering another time they had been alone like this, some long time ago on the French beach during the filming of their second movie. "Do you remember that song you sang to me?" "Which one mama?" "The one where you told me the ways you loved me." "My mind's kinda foggy on that babe."

"How could he forget our song?" thought the lythe woman at his side, then thinking better of it, a wrye smile formed on her face as she started to sweetly belt out the tune.
"I love how your eyes close.
Whenever you kiss me."
Picking up on the melody, Floyd strummed his guitar into service backing his lady's lovely vocals.
"And when I'm away from you.
I love how you miss me.
I love the way you always treat me,
Tenderly.
But darling, most of all...
I love how you love me."
"I love how you love me," echoed Floyd in a lighter tone of his gravely pipes.
"I love how you love me," repeated Janice.

"I love how your heart beats.
Whenever I hold you.
I love how you think of me.
Without being told to.
I love the way your touch is always,
Heavenly.
I love how you love me," Janice sang once more.
"I love how you love me," continued Floyd.
"I love how you love me," she trilled, stopping her swaying motions for a moment.

She placed one of her smaller hands on top of the one Floyd had currently cradled around his bass's neck, speaking earnestly.
"I love how your eyes close.
Whenever you kiss me.
And when I'm away from you.
I love how you miss me.

"I love the way your touch is always,
Heavenly.
I love how you love me," Janice sang once more.
"I love how you love me," continued Floyd.
"I love how you hug me," Janice followed, a slight twinkle in her eyes.
"I love how you squeeze me," she crooned, squeezing Floyd's hand tighter.
"Tease me," she intimated with a laugh.
"please me," she kept on, that last said with a bit of swagger as she beguillingly pursed the corners of her ample lips.
"Love me, I love how you love me," she finished at last.

Putting his instrument aside where it wouldn't topple—or be a nuisance—Floyd gave himself to the myrthful ministrations Janice was imploringly tugging him to take her up on. "Yes," he thought, "how much this is just like that time we spent out on the righteous beach." Happy and contented, they chose to lie there, thumping sounding closer than they knew. Possibly because the First Frog was having problems of his own down below convincing his girl of their upcoming schedule (both the one for work and the one they'd set aside for next month).

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Very tender. Those two are definitely two of a kind, and rock solid, and geez, why are onyl cliche's coming to mind? Some writer I am... But this is a nicely told vignette of a loving couple. Good to see some people don't break up, won't break up, especially in these days of hookups and divorces. :smile:

Music as foreplay? Hey -- why not!

------------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. A bit anxious about the one for March, as that'll be tributed to someone special to all of us. Toying with the idea of another for Mardi Gras though.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
You can never have enough Mardi Gras. Let me guess...Clifford and...who?

-----------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I hadn't thought of a specific pairing, more of an HV event. But I have grown to like Clifford and Tricia, though there's always a vote for Clifford and Skeeter too. Meh, I'll just let the tarot cards fall where they may.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Countie! You are the boss, man! And I like what you did with our bassman! While I've never really bought into the idea of the Muppet Boarding House (Piggy sharing a bathroom? Really?), I want to believe in it, and in all of the wonderful, intimate moments that can happen when your friends and your family and the things you love and love to do all conglomerate together. I like the picture of the two of them on the roof, wind whipping their hair back from their faces and playing with the edges of their clothes. If there are any two souls who know how to enjoy the simple pleasures in life, it's Floyd and Janice.

Speaking of, I learned a new archaic expression today teaching 10-grade English, and it was: Bachelor Fare. Bachelor fare is "bread, cheese and kisses."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Aunt Ru. Hmm, I'm surprised there's no vino in that kind of cuisine akin to the old standard. Then again, that's what kids are there at school for, to be educated.

Glad you enjoyed the picture painted here. Was tough settling, but I'm okay with the final song choice.
If I don't write anything for next week's throwdown, the one for March is a oneshot I'm nervous about in terms of living up to all your vonderful work with the main couple.
Hope to read more from you when possible. :jim:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Sweetie, I'm in favor of frog-pig snuggling. THE WORLD NEEDS MORE FROG-PIG SNUGGLING! So I'll be happy with anything you want to write in that vein.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:smile:: Oh good. It's a splendid thing when the scene just sets itself due to the song in mind for that couple. Granted, it's a song from the next-to-last episode, but it just fits them so perfectly.
We'll see what happens between now and March, if I post one or two ficlets to further this series.
And yes, I'm being purposefully undefinitive, my mind's going fuzzy. *:sing: laughter.