California Raisins supposedly hitting DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
This was posted on TVshowsondvd.... but I don't know how much stock to take into it... anyway, there's going to be a California Raisins Ultimate collectors edition featuring the 2 Raisins specials (no Claymation Christmas Special, though) and all 13 episodes of the completely forgotten, not clay animated Saturday morning cartoon series.

Now, I would REALLY love the Christmas Claymation Celebration whatever the heck it was to hit DVD... but this sounds pretty solid too.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
and all 13 episodes of the completely forgotten, not clay animated Saturday morning cartoon series.
I used to watch that cartoon every Saturday! I learned so many songs from that show, lol.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I remember them!! I don't think I've watched anything with them since the 80s...

Fraggline

Reaction score
California raisins? Do these have anything to do with the raisins that are mascots of the brand?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
The news about the California Rasisins are legit, as TVShowsonDVD and TheDigitalBits.com which is affiliated with many industry insiders have both posted the information. My sister used to have a VHS of the Raisins Sold Out special which I think she may have gotten from an AVON catalog back in the day.

And to answer Fraggline's question, yes, these are indeed the same raisins affiliated with the brand. The Christmas special I believe was called "A Will Vinton Christmas" who was the studio head that produced the special and the raisins commercials. I would love to see that on DVD, that had such beautiful animation. My favorite segments were "Joy" and when they animated the insides of the ornaments on the Christmas tree. And the drunk dinosaur was a bonus too. :smile: Great stuff!

Drtooth

Reaction score
My favorite segments were "Joy" and when they animated the insides of the ornaments on the Christmas tree. And the drunk dinosaur was a bonus too. :smile: Great stuff!
Let's not forget the Carol of the Bells with that very dopey Bell... "Uh... I los' mine!"

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Let's not forget the Carol of the Bells with that very dopey Bell... "Uh... I los' mine!"
That's right! How could I forget that one with the crazy Quasimodo conductor lol

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The Claymation Christmas IS on DVD and came out in 2003 along with the Easter and Halloween specials on one dvd. There is even a commentary on it for the Christmas special. I show it to someone new every year! it's the best! Hen's tooth released that one as well.
http://www.amazon.com/Vintons-Claymation-Christmas-Halloween-Celebrations/dp/B00009WHRM

i don't know about the cartoon but i love the California Raisins specials and look forward to it on dvd. i hate raisins in general though, yuck!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Claymation Christmas IS on DVD and came out in 2003 along with the Easter and Halloween specials on one dvd. There is even a commentary on it for the Christmas special. I show it to someone new every year! it's the best! Hen's tooth released that one as well.
http://www.amazon.com/Vintons-Claymation-Christmas-Halloween-Celebrations/dp/B00009WHRM

i don't know about the cartoon but i love the California Raisins specials and look forward to it on dvd. i hate raisins in general though, yuck!
Is that thing still in print? It was impossible to find then as well. I only saw it at a Suncoast back when there was a Suncoast.

And I hate eating raisins too. Watching the claymation puppets, however, I quite enjoyed. I completely forget the 2-D cel animated (probably in Japan) Saturday Morning show. I'll definitely try to pick this up to see that one again.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
yeah i got mine at MediaPlay back in the day. i don't think it was a wide release but was available. Best Buy and FYE may have had it too at the time. It is available on-line.

glad to know another raisin hater, just like Garfield too! But i have always loved the California Raisins, even if the cartoon is junk the specials will be worth it.