1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Call to all Little Jerry and the Monotones fans

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Mad Lil' Jerry, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Mad Lil' Jerry

Mad Lil' Jerry New Member

Hello,

Just wanted to see if there were any fans of "Little Jerry and the Monotones".

The best band on SS, they rock! I have a e-group on Yahoo if anyone would like to join and discuss, or... discuss here! Either way it's cool man, real cool.

In case you don't remember Little Jerry, or in today's case, before your time... Little Jerry is a hippie type character, surrounded by three other hippies (a.k.a. Monotones) and usually sang.

Among their multitude of groovy tunes it seems that "Telephone Rock" is probably the best and most well known, but they did other songs usually having to do with feelings... "Sad", "Proud" and "Mad!" as well as "Danger", "Four" and others...

Personally my favorite is "Mad!" (hense my nick)... what a rocking tune... "When someone socks me in the eye, and they doen't even tell me why, That makes me MAD!" Ahh.... yesteryears... will they ever return?

Anyway, I hope I jogged someone's memory or perhaps sparked a new interest in the best band hands down on SS.

MLJ
  2. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Me too! I love them!
  3. frodis58

frodis58 New Member

I remember those guys too!!!!!!
    those songs were some of my favorite moments on SS
    I haven't seen them years.......
    were the monotones names something like
    Chris, Rich and Big Jeffrey (they were all named after there
    performers I believe)

Wow what a blast from the past....
    cool :)
  4. little jerry

little jerry New Member

hi

Welcome little jerry number two welcome to our forum
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Jerry,
    Lil Chrissy
    Satire Bands...

They all ROCK!!!

Too bad they just have the real celebrities come in and sing uninspired "Parodies" of their songs (like Sherryl Crowe, and Goo Goo Dolls)

Well... except U2's "Furry Happy Monsters" I could listen to that alllll day!!! :excited:
  6. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I agree! I liked it better when they used muppets. I remember the ones mentioned, and I also remember Bruce Stringbean, Mick Swagger, The Beetles, Billy Idle, and all of those.
  7. Mad Lil' Jerry

Thanks for the welcome, btw I was a little dissapointed the "Little Jerry" was already taken, but all is well...

I personally don't understand why they don't take all the Little Jerry songs, and do a rockumentary like they do on VH1. I think it would be hysterical, they could cover the history, behind the scenes, band interviews... making of the video...

They could so much with it, and probably make a ton of money off of it. I know I'd buy a copy.

-MLJ
  8. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I love Little Jerry and the Monotones! I'm a member of the Yahoo group. And the computers I use at the local library have been updated, and today I'm rocking to the tunes they have! YAHOO!! :excited:

Phew, I need a nap... :sleep:

BTW, Mad Lil' Jerry, nice avatar! :)
  9. Mad Lil' Jerry

Thank you,

I got it from a picture of one of the SS records on sale on ebay. Since I can't find the video or any digital copies... it's the only photo I could find, which is sad because they don't use the character in anything that I'm aware of.

& I run the Yahoo group, glad you made it.

-MLJ

10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Thanks Mad Jerry for helping me get those songs. My favorite is mad and body full of rhthymn r the two I listen to the most. Thanks again and if u come across any others let me know.
  11. Mad Lil' Jerry

No problem... and if you ever come across a video of any Little Jerry songs, please let me know. I've been trying to get a copy of "Mad" and "Danger" forever with no luck.

-MLJ

12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I do have Danger just not in mp3 form. I have it on an episode. I don't know how to put them on mp3s or I would do that for u. (that is if its possible) But I'll look out for u. Thanks again.
  13. Mad Lil' Jerry

:cool: If you have it on video, I'd love a copy... I'll cover the costs & All... let me know if you'd do that for me.

-MLJ

14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Ok I'll do that for u do u want Telephone rock as well?
  15. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I have the video for "Mad".
  16. Mad Lil' Jerry

Yeah, that'd be groovy man... and before I go any further, is it in english? The reason I ask is that there is a copy of "Mad" on a Shalome Sesame" or something like that, it's in Hebrew.

-MLJ

17. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Yes, this is in English. It's from an old non-Noggin episode of SS.
  18. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

i never heard of Bruce Stringbean and Mick Swagger. what songs did they do?
  19. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

"Born to Add" and "(I Can't Get No) Co-Operation".
  20. TravellingMatt

TravellingMatt New Member

I have "With Every Beat Of My Heart". It's on the "Born TO Add" CD. Side note: Jeff Moss wrote this one, and then he wrote a song for "The Muppets Take Manhattan" which sounded VERY similar, "I'm Gonna Always Love You" (the song that was sung during the Muppet Babies segment).