Can Anyone Help Me Find This Song? Please??

sweet201

Reaction score
Hi!! I am really hoping someone here might be able to help me. My little boy and I are huge Sesame Street fans. We watch it, along with Play With Me Sesame, three times a day. Each. LOL. Anyway....

There is a song they have been playing on PWMS a *lot* lately. I know it is an old clip. I would love to have it in some sort of audio format, but I don't know its name, and I haven't had any luck finding it on the web.... it features three muppets who have no eyes, just sunglasses, and a scary (to my toddler) Animal-like muppet with red furry hair and a beard to match. Each muppet sings a rhyming word, the three sunglass guys repeat them, then the scary guy pushes through them and sings a loud fast thing.... the last verse goes something like this:

red..... head..... bed..... bread......

red (RED), red
head (HEAD), head
bed (BED), bed
bread (BREAD), bread

*crazy music* THE RED HEAD SAT ON THE BED EATING BREAD LALALA SOMETHING SOMETHING OH YEAH........

I know that's so vague, but I just don't know any more of it.... I'm also looking for the song with the classroom full of kids that has the line "A rose is a rose... cause that's its name, toes goes with nose, they sound the same....." Anyone? Thanks so much.... :smile: Tina

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know the name of the "Classroom Rhyming Lesson" song, but I know what sketch it is. Not sure how you might be able to find that one.
The second sketch/song features a copycat Muppet as its lead singer. There's a classic sketch/song on the first episode of TMS guest starring Juliette Prowst, called "Mahna Mahna". The lead singer for the song is a Muppet named Mahna Mahna, the lead singer for the sketch/song you're looking for is his twin cousin named Bip Bipadotta differentiated by redder hair and a pair of eyeglasses. The song is "Cat, Bat, Mat, Hat" You might find it on some record album or music software program. Other members could assist you with finding the right music software program. Othar than that, your best bet would be to watch for the sketch/songs in question and tape them either in video and audio or just audio format. Hope this helps and have a good day.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The song from "Play With Me Sesame" is "Fat Scat".

By the way, a whole new season of "Play With Me Sesame" will be on Noggin next month.

sweet201

Reaction score
Thank you both SOOOOO much!! I have considered the possibility of taping the show, but the trouble is that I don't know how to do it. We have digital cable, and it doesn't run through the VCR - when you turn the VCR on, the cable goes snowy. (I also haven't been able to play the television through the stereo since we got the digital cable.) :frown:

I am SO excited to hear that a new season of Play With Me Sesame is imminent!! I love that show soooo much, but am definitely getting tired of seeing the same sketches day in and day out. Admittedly, we watch waaaaay too much TV, but hey - isn't that the American way? :wink: Tina

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
They use the same exact music for the Classroom Rhyming Lesson and Bert and Ernie - But I Like You. Maybe they were bored.