Can someone help me find this song?

RogueAPBT

Reaction score
I have an mp3 of the song, "You're Always Welcome at Our House" as performed once on the Muppet Show. The mp3 I have is very staticky and has other sounds, not good for what I want to use it for. (non-commercial, just personal use) I have been searching and searching, but no luck finding this recording in any muppet audio collections. If anyone knows of any audio recording of this that is maybe better quality than the one I've got, I would really appreciate any help you could offer! :smile: Thanks!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's from the Loretta Lynn episode of The Muppet Show. That sketch is also on the 1985 video "Country Music with the Muppets". The 1985 video appears on eBay fairly frequently.

The song also plays on Muppet Central Radio.

RogueAPBT

Reaction score
Yes, Shel Silverstein wrote the song. I found a version he sings, but it's not near as cool as the muppet version. I am building a singing animatronic band for Halloween this year, and this is one of the songs that I would like to have them "sing".

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I tried the radio station, but it was offline or otherwise not working for me at the time, but I will try again. I've also tried searching for the video, but haven't found one to buy yet. I somehow need to get it on CD or on my computer, so hopefully I can find an mp3 or CD to buy...I'm not quite computer savvy so I'm not sure how to get the song off of a video tape or DVD, if I can find one. Worst case, I can use the one I've got, but it would be nice to find one without the static and audience noise on it, if I can.