Can someone help with a Muppet Show moment?

Dan65802

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum.

I have a memory of a muppet show moment when I was a teen. It was, if you'll excuse me being a bit over dramatic, the greatest TV moment I've ever experienced. I only saw it the one time, and I'm beginning to think my memory of it may be a little confused. Perhaps one of you can tell me if this memory is accurate and maybe what episode I might find it.

It was a typical day at the theater and everything was going wrong. Kermit came out center stage and began singing "It's not easy being green" (to the applause of the audience). Soon all his Muppet Show friends came out to sing along with him. And then in the last refrain, all of the Sesame Street characters (my childhood friends) came out to sing as well. I remember feeling like the Grinch when his heart grew 3 sizes and leaping into the air.

So, am I crazy? Did this event happen as I remember?

- Dan -

Hubert

Reaction score
OK, first off, hello Dan, welcome to the forum!

I think the moment you mentioned (sort of) happened. I believe you're thinking of the Peter Sellers episode of the Muppet Show, where things were going wrong, and Kermit sang the song. However, I don't recall other Muppet Show characters ever really singing the song with him, and the Sesame characters only appeared on a few episodes, none of which the song was sang.

Of course, you may be thinking of another performance of the song, so I'll check around a bit for you and see if I can find anything close.

EDIT: It was also performed by Kermit alone on the Peter Ustinov episode. The moment exactly as you described never was on the Muppet Show, and I can't find much close to it. I'm guessing you probably got the Peter Sellers episode version mixed with another Kermit song, and the memory got all jumbled together.

Dan65802

Reaction score
I had rented the Peter Sellers episode, thinking that that might have been the moment, but I saw that it wasn't. Perhaps it's the song I have wrong. Do you know what episodes featured the Sesame Street cast?

And thanks for the welcome, by the way.

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
Hey Dan, Welcome :0)

Are you thinking of the time ALL the Muppets (including Sesame and Fraggle characters) sing 'Just One Person' on the special 'The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson?

It starts off with ROBIN THE FROG singing. Maybe you got Kermit confused with his nephew? Also the scene looks as though it is set backstage at 'The Muppet Show' so perhaps that could have contributed to the jumbled memory?

Here is a YouTube link for you to check out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRSptCfn5WY

Hubert

Reaction score
Hey Dan, Welcome :0)

Are you thinking of the time ALL the Muppets (including Sesame and Fraggle characters) sing 'Just One Person' on the special 'The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson?

It starts off with ROBIN THE FROG singing. Maybe you got Kermit confused with his nephew? Also the scene looks as though it is set backstage at 'The Muppet Show' so perhaps that could have contributed to the jumbled memory?
Ah, I didn't ever think of that one. I bet that's it.

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
Darn it. I thought that would be it, so I had to attach the video to make sure (even at the risk of emotional stress).

Borples

Reaction score
Maybe something from Muppet Family Christmas? Trying to think of all the times the Muppets and the SS characters hung out together. There weren't too many to choose from. Don't you hate it when you know you saw something but you can't place it? I went around for like 17 years remembering this awesome show I saw when I was a kid, but I didn't know what it was called and couldn't find any info. Finally mentioned it to my brother one Christmas, and he came up with the name instantly. Thank goodness for smart siblings!

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Well, a few Sesame Street characters have appeared on the show, but never together(with the exception of Bert and Ernie), so maybe it's Muppet Family Christmas? He didn't sing "Being Green" but instead sang a bunch of carols with the Muppets and the Sesame Street gang.

rachel117

Reaction score
Maybe your magical-muppet-moment came from one of the anniversary specials that aired on TV once and then was soon forgotten. At the conclusion of the 30 year anniversary celebration Kermit comes out and does 'rainbow connection' then other characters from Sesame Street and the original muppets are on air. Check it out, here's a site I found with the synopsis but I'm sure you can find this on Youtube... http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Muppets:_A_Celebration_of_30_Years

hope thats it!