Can somone explain Sesame Workshop?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok i know that SS is now made by Sesame workshop. but who owns it is it PBS cTW or what im really really confused about it all.

Also do you think that Disny would try and buy SW so the muppets could be reunited. i know i seem out of the loop but please help me out on this. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop is Children's Television Workshop (CTW). Some years back they changed their name. Sesame Workshop (formerly CTW) owns SST and always has. PBS airs SST.

I believe Joan Ganz Cooney's (a driving force behind the creation of SST) exact words on the idea of Disney owning SST were 'over my dead body.' As Joan is still alive and well I don't see Disney having much of a shot at SST. :wink:

Censored

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
Sesame Workshop is Children's Television Workshop (CTW). Some years back they changed their name. Sesame Workshop (formerly CTW) owns SST and always has. PBS airs SST.

I believe Joan Ganz Cooney's (a driving force behind the creation of SST) exact words on the idea of Disney owning SST were 'over my dead body.' As Joan is still alive and well I don't see Disney having much of a shot at SST. :wink:

At this point, Disney could only help matters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Only if they can stop you from whining again.... :rolleyes:

Whatever

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
At this point, Disney could only help matters.
How? I don't have a TV, so I haven't watched SS lately, but to me it is very comforting that, although the Muppets have to be split up, SS continues to be free of Disney. The Muppet split up would happen anyway because Diwsney doesn't want the Fraggles.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head, Whatever. I mean, what can Disney do to SS? A lot of things that would make you cringe. I do not like how the SS characters are split with the TMS characters, but as long as they stay Disney free, they'll continue to entertain children. Besides, do you really want to see a CGI cheapqual to Elmo in Grouchland? :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will... and I will not get epileptic seizures from 1 2 3 4 5, 6 7 8 9 10, 11 12.....

Censored

Reaction score
Good. The new shows were dumbed down for people who can appreciate them.

Censored

Reaction score
It could be worse. They could mix Sesame Street with Inspector Gadget.