Can we please do something about the ads?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's becoming something of an annoyance whenever navigating through the forum, and having to hit the back button repeatedly until you return to the previous page because of the Google/doubleclick ads.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't have this problem. I know that even though I use adblock, in chrome, those ads still require me to click back multiple times. I'm not getting that here. Its horrible on neopets though

I guess you can always right click on the back button to bring up a page history list and click the page directly from there

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess you can always right click on the back button to bring up a page history list and click the page directly from there
I have to do that a lot anymore, especially here and Muppet Wiki... actually, it's even worse at MW than MC, sometimes with MC you have to go back a couple of "pages" of the Google/double-click ads, but on MW, it can be SEVERAL "pages" of these invisible ads that had loaded after you moved away from the previous page you were on.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Thats really strange. I can disable my adblock here and see what happens if you want :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nah, I guess really the only thing that could be done is if Google just dropped off the face of the earth. :smirk:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
D'Snowth, can you please explain why you are using the back button so frequently? How exactly are you browsing the boards? There are many ways to navigate the forum and some might be easier for you.

For example, if you are reading messages from a specific section and want to return there, the Quick Navigation Menu might be easier than selecting the back button multiple times.

We try to keep the ads to a minimum but they are needed in order to pay the bills. Many boards automatically put ads in the text of your posts or in between messages. We've never done that here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth, can you please explain why you are using the back button so frequently?
Just a habit of quick backtracking... like if reading through a thread, and want to go back to the page I was previously reading, it's quick and simple to hit the back button, or likewise if I browse through a thread, and want to go back to the board, I just hit back. I am aware there's navigation plain as day with simple clicks to go back to whatever the previous page is, be it another page of the thread, or back to the board I was looking through, but again, mostly out of habit if I just want to go back, I hit back... though the problem is from time to time, I have to hit back repeatedly to get to the previous page because in between browsing is when these ads apparently load new "pages", and that has become an annoyance.

But I guess I can just get myself into a habit of using the actual links on the page for navigation.