Canadian Collectors Support

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hey there everyone! I thought that I would start a new thread for Canadian Collectors. Kinda a support group for all us that are trying to collect the Muppet figures here in Canada. It seems that I have been hitting walls of frustration trying to find them at my stores here in British Columbia and I was curious to know how others were doing and if they had advice to share. The advice I have received from others has been helpful to me and so I thought that this was a great way for others to get help with series 2 around the corner.

Speaking of being Canadian, does anyone know which Canadian actors have been on the Muppet Show? I think Steve Martin is/was Canadian

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well ,so far I have gotten muppets from TRU, EB and my local comic book store althoughthey were more expensive and less reliable)

the best way, I found, was to preorder them with EB..pay up, and then they call you when the figure arrives. This is no good if you're undecided on the figre though (for example, right now I have only preordered floyd and Animal playset..the others I wanted to see first) Of course,now i think I'll go preorder the others too, because having seen them I want them all..

80'sboxes

Reaction score
Hi BC and Stryer

I'm a fellow Canadian too (I live in Toronto for school and Ottawa in the summer with my parents). I have found Toys R Us to be the best place to find figures. I got all mine there for $14.99 each, except the Beaker Playset which they don't carry. Argh. I haven't been collecting these figures for very long so I'm not sure how quickly Toys r us are to get a new series in, but time will tell soon! I also know that comic shops carry the figures as well, but I'd call around first. If you live in a metro area you should have no problem finding them in comic stores. I have also been looking on ebay as well but only on rare occasion have I had success. With the figures selling in the US for around $9.99 its not worth paying the exchange and shipping when you can get it at a store for less. I'm only interested in rare exclusives through ebay.

I hope this helps! And I look forward to talking to you guys again!

Shannon
ps Sorry BC but Steve Martin isn't Canadian, he was born in Texas :frown: But Rich little (episode 28) and Anne Murray (episode 87) are.

Lu775

Reaction score
I also know that comic shops carry the figures as well
I know it doesn't help you at all in BC, but Silver Snail comic store here in Toronto currently still has Kermit, Piggy and the Lab.
(I was just in there an hour ago) :smile:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Hey 80's! If you're looking for Beaker's Lab, the used bookstore/comic shop called "the Paperback exchange" (comic shop in basement) had three in stock last wednesday when I was there (one week ago). They are in a plaza at the corner of Lawrence and McCowan in Scarborough, SE side, kitty-corner with Scarboro General Hospital. The price for these was around 36 each before taxes, I beleive. There phone # is 416-439-3045 if you wish to call them to see if they still have stock, or ask for direction, and the exact address of the store is 659 McCowan Rd, Scarbrough, ON.

now this all doesn't help if you're stillin ottawa, but since school started, I'm thinking you're in toronto now?

edit: and I see while I was posting this, someone else pointed out silver snail..much more central location for ya...so there ya go...

80'sboxes

Reaction score
Thanks Lu and Stryder for the info. I am actually left destitue in Toronto as I have no car and have to rely on the TTC. Not so bad actually but I think scarborough is too out of the way for me. I live downtown off Queen street so Silver Snail is much closer for me. It doesn't hurt that a great Toys R Us is just up the street too, well at least for when series 2 comes out.

Thanks guys
Shannon

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
right on..just remember...animal is gonna be hard to find, and won't show up at TRU...preorder if you want one...

Prof Shubbly

Reaction score
Another soul in Toronto here. I've actually found that the TRUs around here have sucked for stocking the Muppets figures. It was a least a month after I bought mine from EB before I started seeing the Muppets popping up in TRUs. With the new EBs popping up in different places across the city and how well series 1 sold there, I'm hopeful for getting Series 2 fairly easily. Also, just about every comic store in town has bought some of series 1, so hopefully they'll have series 2 on the shelves as well

Any Toronto folks have any particular spots (aside from the Silver Snail) where they go to find toys?

Prof. Shubbly

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I actually found that the best tru store is not in toronto, but outside, in Whitby..they stock Everything and really work out well...the one downtown is good too...I am in scarboro and work in markhma, tho0ugh,so I try to stay on the east end...and check the TRU's in scarboro and the EB at scarboro town centre most..plus my comic book store, listed above.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hi guys!
wow this post is really taking off! I have to say though that it sucks for me being a loner B.C. fan - so far. I did manage to find Dr.Teeth at a comic store and I am going there in awhile. A little fearful of the price, but at this point because I am starting to collect late, I will have to suffer the consequence! Still looking for the Lab and Dr.Honeydew though.
I do have some good news, I emailed Palisades with my ToysRUs concerns. I really wasn't expecting a reply seeming that they must be busy. The guys there sent me a letter stating that all Canadian TRU are to carry the Muppets.
After the comic store I will go to my EB and preorder series 2 and animal! I'll let you guys know how I make out there!
How are you guys making out with the exclusive figures. One EB that I went to had 3 long hair Piggy's. I hear Gonzo is next for them. No tux Kermit anywhere, but like I said my TRU stores are sucking hard at stocking the muppets.