1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Canadian TV Alert: "The Muppets" (2011) on CBC-TV Sunday, January 5

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by LouisTheOtter, Jan 5, 2014.

1. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Amid all the hoopla about the ABC Family airings of 2011's The Muppets and the Muppet movie marathon (both excellent ideas!), here's a heads-up for my fellow Canadians:

The Muppets will appear tonight (Sunday, January 5) at 6 p.m. local time on CBC Television, in what I believe is the 2011 film's Canadian network television debut.

I must admit I'm tickled that CBC got the broadcast rights, if only because the network has been a Muppet booster for years, was a partner in Fraggle Rock and also produced Canadian inserts for Sesame Street (before airing its own version, Sesame Park, in the '90s).

Phillip likes this.