1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Cannot upload avatar

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by MikaelaMuppet, Jan 10, 2019.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Trying to see if I can change my avatar, but keep getting this message when trying to do so.

The following error occurred:
    Your avatar's file size is too large. Please upload an avatar no bigger than 50 KB.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Well..... you basically answered your own question on the bottom. Lol

But in seriousness, i’ve had that happen to me before, and it’s annoying, but end of the day, best you can do is just pick something else to use.

3. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

If you're on Mac, you can easily downsize it using the Preview tool; on Windows it's a little more annoying, but still doable.

4. MikaelaMuppet

Then that's just what I'll have to do.

5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

What were you trying to put in? Just wondering.

6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the file size is reflected by the format as well, so if you change the extension it could decrease the size (.png to .jpeg or vice versa).

7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

orrr download gimp and make the image smaller in that

8. MikaelaMuppet

I'm on Windows though, not Mac.

9. MikaelaMuppet

I'll give those options a try, thank you.

10. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

i dont believe you can change the extension of an image without editing it in image software...like gimp.

that said when you save something in gimp, you need to use the 'export as' option, not the save option

11. MikaelaMuppet

This:

[​IMG]

Tried doing it via different sites, but all came out stretched which I didn’t like.

12. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I took care of this for you and tweaked the color a bit. If you prefer the original version, I'll replace the file. Hope it helps.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  13. MikaelaMuppet

Thank you. I do like the tweaked color though, but prefer the original version and would like the original file to be replaced. Thanks.

14. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The original file is now your avatar. Let us know if you need anything else.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  15. MikaelaMuppet

Thank you again, and will indeed make sure to let you know.