Cantus without his Minstrels

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Why didn't the other Minstrels appear In The Bells of Fraggle Rock, and Junior Faces the Music? Iv'e often wondered why it was just Cantus. I think they could have very easily been a part of both episodes. Or at least Cantus could have explained why they weren't with him. Does anyone else think that this was weird?

Saironi

Reaction score
A little. I was always more curious about what they do without him. Maybe they just wait for him where he left them and play for themselves 'till he gets back to them.

Effralyo

Reaction score
In my fanfics(to Saironi - see here if you like), Cantus and his squad all have a "holiday" time for a month, and then travel again. Perhaps that was a good reason for Cantey to leave his village (good idea?) and visit his ol'friends in the Rock?

Emosewa

Reaction score
Or maybe there is another reason. Aftearll only two of them are fraggles, perhaps during the Bells episode one of them had to hibernate during that time so they normallly disbanded for a short vacation anyway. And during Junior faces the music.. Um.. well one of the others might have had a good reason for needing short time off so oncea gain, or maybe he needed to do it solo, and didn't want the whole rock to know he was there. He did act very secretively afterall.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well there are times where a wise man is with his people and then other times the wise man must walk alone.
That is why the bells of fraggle rock and Jounor faces the music is only two episodes of fraggle rock that Cantus appered with out the other minstrels.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Cantus is so powerful he doesn't need them with him all the time would be my first guess...

Collgoff

Reaction score
Cantus is so powerful he doesn't need them with him all the time would be my first guess...
See that's what I mean Cantus is like Jim Henson because one of the writers of Fraggle rock said that Jim Henson was wise and goofy at the same time.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Cantus often has a purpose besides just making music. In The Bells of Fraggle Rock he guided Gobo through a crisis of faith. In Junior Faces the Music he got Junior to play the royal kazoo, sealing his destiny as the next Gorg king. In The Honk of Honks he drilled in the point that, for the ultimate song to be complete, it had to include everyone.

When Cantus is there for a directly musical reason, the rest of the minstrels will be there. When his purpose is not only musical, then he doesn't need the backup band, and they don't appear.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm sure they are off being groovy somewhere, no need to stress the vibe :wink: