Capitol and Henson Adapting "Five Children and It"

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil,

OMG !

In England we had this as a TV series, 'It' would scare the heck out of me, But boy did i love that program !

When they would want to wish something he would come up out of the sand !

Later on they made another series which wasnt as good, Called 'The Phoenix'.

Im very pleased that Henson have a hand in this !

EDIT: I just realised Eddie Izzard is British, Is this going to be made in England ?

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah the TV series was very good - those interested can see the Psammead puppet (non Henson built) used in the TV series at :- http://www.alangroves.com/gallery/gal03/05.htm

I would imagine this will be made in England as the whole original story is set in England. It's a very mystical type thing - the puppets a sand fairy and grants wishes (when he does he goes into this chant that looks like he needs the toilet). Very funny - he's the best thing in it. The TV series is out on video still i think.

I guess Henson is going to be making a version of that because it's the only puppet. This sounds good, the TV series was great and Lisa Henson has been very much on top of her game over the last few years - she should manage the company !

So yeah, this is another good one for Henson Pictures to do but it'd be nice for a Muppet movie as well.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, I know why they call it an "It." That's short for ill-tempered!

Right?

While exploring, they dig up an ill-tempered 8,000-year-old Psammead, or sand fairy

Super Scooter

Reaction score
How convenient seeing as how the "five children" bought the company. :smile: :excited: :flirt: :mad: :embarrassed:

This sounds good. It's nice to know they're taking on more projects.

But, whatever happened to those movies they got the rights for a few years ago? They still doin' those?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hmm...wonder if the Henson Five made a wish to an angry fairy who lives in sand, too?:confused:

Luke

Reaction score
Here's another article on it, more info on the Creature Shop involvement :-

Branagh to star in E Nesbitt film

Kenneth Branagh and Eddie Izzard are to star in a £14 million film of E Nesbit's classic children's novel Five Children and It.

Freddie Highmore will also appear in the movie that will blend live action with computer graphics and update the book's original 1902 setting.

Branagh plays the uncle of five youngsters who are sent to stay in his strange house by the sea.

Izzard will voice It, the grumpy 8,000-year-old sand fairy who grants the children one wish a day, but which never quite work out the way they had hoped.

Jim Henson's Creature Shop, which created the animal characters in Hollywood hits Babe and 101 Dalmatians, has built a radio controlled model for It, said a spokesman for the movie's producers, London based Capitol Films.

The Isle of Man Film Commission will co-finance the project, which starts shooting in July.

Source :- http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_781342.html

foofoocakes

Reaction score
COOL!!!
Can't wait to see it. I have not read the book. I hope there is more than one creature for them to build.:excited:

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Re: Phil,

Originally posted by Warrick
I just realised Eddie Izzard is British, Is this going to be made in England ?
Anything's possible, but Eddie has travelled to do a few mainstream movies before, so his involvement does not necessarily guarantee a British shoot.

But Eddie doing a voice will make me see it no matter what!

:cool: