1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Capt. Tater (an original puppet)

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Twitch92, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Twitch92

Twitch92 Member

2. Twitch92

Twitch92 Member

hmmm....link seems dead-ish.....bear with me.
  3. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

4. Twitch92

Twitch92 Member

thanks for getting a good link for me Buck! :)
  5. vaati64

vaati64 Member

geeze, I wish my first puppet looked that good! lol really nice puppet!
  6. Pork

Pork Active Member

Cool, he looks awesome!
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh wow! He is a beaut!
  8. Twitch92

Twitch92 Member

thank you all for the kind words....i don't suppose anyone here is from Connecticut? I'm creating a series of shows for children's performance, which i said earlier but I have a problem. I'm the only person doing it and i'm not sure where i can seek more help. If you or anyone you know lives in the CT region and is interested in this project let me know. ^__^
  9. biblebetty

biblebetty New Member

like what you did with the hair, great idea!
  10. Tztz

Tztz Member

Very unique
    love it
  11. Beakerballistic

Beakerballistic New Member

My first puppet was either a digimon or a toucan... and i still use them! GAAH! Turns out toucan is prob. worth 50.00 or more.:)
  12. Twitch92

Twitch92 Member

i don't suppose you have a photo up? I'd love to see the toucan. I'm actually looking into making an exotic bird for a show. Did you make your own pattern?
  13. Beakerballistic

14. Beakerballistic

check out my thread: The Puppet show: What do you think? in Puppetry.:eek:
  15. dkmontgomery

dkmontgomery Member

great

Nice character!:):cool:
  16. staceyrebecca

staceyrebecca Member

See, this is whyI wish i was in connecticut. Uconn has a puppetry program there. I'm not sure if you need to be a full time student to take the courses.

The Connecticut guild of puppetry
    seems to be an active charter branch of the Puppeteers of America. I'm sure it all depends which part of connecticut you're in as to whether or not people are close to you, but I'd imagine with UConn right there, you'll find people close to you.

Also...hooray pirates!
  17. Twitch92

Twitch92 Member

Actually I went to UConn and almost got into the puppetry program years ago. I'm trying to see about getting my masters in puppetry there. At the time i was way to introverted to go and hunt down some puppeteers for help. But the CT guild sounds like a good lead. Thanks for the tips!
  18. Twitch92

Twitch92 Member

oh...and HURRAY back at ya...ya know...about the pirates...yar........
  19. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

Wow, that's a nice puppet! :D
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That a pretty bird. Raaaaak!