Captain EO

oOoanimaloOo

Reaction score
Hey dose anybody happen to remenber the Disneyland 3-D Movie called Captain EO that was later replaced by Honey I Shrunk the Auddiance

ceecee

Reaction score
Yes. I have a Disneyland Guide book from sometime in the mid to late 80's, and they really talk it up big in there.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I saw Captain Eo when my parents took me to Disneyland back in the mid 80's. Actually, I think we saw it twice...the 3D was really cool, and somewhere in one of my boxes out in the garage, I have a Fuzzball plush toy!

Jennifer12

Reaction score
I remember it. The dancer's costumes were quite interesting.

Jen

dmx10101

Reaction score
oOoanimaloOo said:
Hey dose anybody happen to remenber the Disneyland 3-D Movie called Captain EO that was later replaced by Honey I Shrunk the Auddiance
No, I don't but I remember seeing Honey I shrunk the audience.

Struble

Reaction score
I saw it back in 87. All I remember is the first minute of it. I remember watching the audience stick out there hands reaching for something they knew wasn't there and wondering why they were acting dumb. I was a jerky little seven year old.

Struble

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
no captain EO?

oOoanimaloOo said:
Wow, they got rid of Captain EO??? I thought they'd keep it forever!
I went to Disneyland in 1992 and saw it then. It was pretty good.
Perhaps with all the MJ controversy they let it go.

hee hee...I liked that little flying fuzzy thing buzzing by me head.
Everyone was trying to reach out and grab it.
3D is cool. :cool:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Unfortunately I remember it all too well. I saw it at Disneyland way too many times. I think it was replaced because it was so outdated. The Honey I Shrunk movies were big at the time Honey I Shrunk the Audience came in, kids visiting the park were probably more familiar with those characters than Michael Jackson and a very 80s-esque story.

Wasn't Captain EO replaced by Muppets at DisneyWorld? I haven't been to Disney World since 1974, but I guess I always assumed they only had one 3-D theater.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
Wasn't Captain EO replaced by Muppets at DisneyWorld? I haven't been to Disney World since 1974, but I guess I always assumed they only had one 3-D theater.
Captian EO wasn't replaced by Muppetvision 3D. Captain EO was shown in EPCOT while Muppetvision is in the Disney-MGM studios theme park.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Oh. I thought Muppet Vision came in before MGM. Last time I went to Disney World Epcott didn't exist.