Captain Planet voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today’s V/A focus is that environmental superhero cartoon of the 90’s, Captain Planet and the Planeteers, produced by Ted Turner. This cartoon had featured lots of well known celebrity voices. But it was kind of hard to work around the celebrities' busy schedules so replacement voice artists were needed in the later episodes.

DAVID COBURN: Captain Planet, Captain Pollution
WHOOPI GOLDBERG: Gaia(first voice)
MARGOT KIDDER: Gaia(second voice)
LEVAR BURTON: Kwame
JOEY DEDIO: Wheeler
KATH SOUCIE: Linka
JANICE KAWAYE: Gi
SCOTT MENVILLE: Ma-Ti
FRANK WELKER: Suchi the Monkey, Leadsuit
ED ASNER: Hoggish Greedly
JOHN RATZENBERGER: Rigger
MEG RYAN: Dr. Blight(first voice)
MARY KAY BERGMAN: Dr. Blight(second voice)
DAVID RAPPAPORT: MAL(first voice)
TIM CURRY: MAL(second voice)
JAMES COBURN: Looten Plunder(first voice)
ED GILBERT: Looten Plunder(second voice)
S. SCOTT BULLOCK: Argos Bleak
DEAN STOCKWELL: Duke Nukem(first voice)
JEFF GOLDBLUM: Verminous Skumm(first voice)
MAURICE LAMARCHE: Duke Nukem(second voice), Verminous Skumm(second voice)
MARTIN SHEEN: Sly Sludge(first voice)
JIM CUMMINGS: Sly Sludge(second voice)
CAM CLARKE: Ooze
STING: Zarm(first voice)
DAVID WARNER: Zarm(second voice)
MALCOLM McDOWELL: Zarm(third voice)
THERESA SALDANA: Mame Slaughter
CHARLIE ADLER: Stalker Slaughter
LOU GOSSETT JR: Commander Clash

Skye

Reaction score
Aww, this is so cute! Great focus, Xerus. I used to love this show when I was a kid! :big_grin: It's so surprising to see so many well-known names on this list. Very cool, too!

Xerus

Reaction score
Aww, this is so cute! Great focus, Xerus. I used to love this show when I was a kid! :big_grin: It's so surprising to see so many well-known names on this list. Very cool, too!
Thank you. :smile: I didn't realize all the celebrities who did voices on this show when I first watched it, but I did hear that Whoopi Goldberg voiced Gaia. And was surprised when I read the closing credits that musician, Sting, was one of the villains.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! I never knew so may big names were involved in this show! Anybody Notice Levar Burton on Cameos "Word Up" video playing the detective. LOL!

I know that Frank Welker seems to be on everything, but he is on more big movies then you would think about. But anybody ever sen him at work before. Check this out for those of you that haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FoXc7uEZ4Q

Xerus

Reaction score
Wow! I never knew so may big names were involved in this show! Anybody Notice Levar Burton on Cameos "Word Up" video playing the detective. LOL!

I know that Frank Welker seems to be on everything, but he is on more big movies then you would think about. But anybody ever sen him at work before. Check this out for those of you that haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FoXc7uEZ4Q
Thanks for sharing. :smile: Yes, Frank is one of the most talented voice artists of today. From his first start as Fred from Scooby Doo in 1969 to hundreds and hundreds of cartoon characters plus lots of animal noises for cartoons and movies.

And LeVar Burton was also the host of Reading Rainbow plus Geordi La Forge on Star Trek, The Next Generation.

Xerus

Reaction score
A lot of these Captain Planet voice artists had been guest stars on the Muppet Show or starred in Muppet movies and specials. Do you know which ones? :wink:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Earth! Wind! Water! Fire! Heart! Iiimmmm CAPTAIN PLANET!

LOL I love this show. I can't believe how many names I recognize in this list, lol! I never knew that!

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
I knew Anastasia's voice sounded familiar. Now whenever I watch this show, I'll basically think of Dr. Blight as Anastasia gone evil.