1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Cards Section

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by SesameStMuppets, Feb 10, 2009.

1. I don't know if this is a soar subject or not... But the card section has been down for years now and I wasn't sure if this was a budget issue or something else. I can sympathesize with any of these problems, but I'd just like to know why we haven't seen this section which is what drew me to Muppet Central in the first place...
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm wondering the same thing too. I think there is some sort of upgrade issue. I do know it is not for lack of talented artists at MC. Smig did some fantastic work on those and there are many other talented members who have asked to pitch in. My understanding is that there is a software issue that still isn't resolved. I do think some movement will happen on that later this year...I hope.
  3. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

If it ever does come back up, I'd be interested to contribute if submissions are accepted.
  4. Davina

Davina Member

darn it.. was hoping it'd be up so i can send hubby some nice muppety cards while he's deployed.. *sigh* will have to go look for alternatives for v-day..
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I do occasionally see Muppet related cards in the stores, I would check around a bit. Good luck!

Or you could try going creative with a photo from the Web, I've done that. :)
  6. Davina

Davina Member

yes.. i'll dig something up.. but is too late to send anything "real" (joys of overseas troop movements..)
    is just so nice and convientent to have them here and ready to use :)
    hope they get all the little kinks out soon
  7. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

maybe try www.123greetings.com
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Actually, the Muppet Newsflash just reported that Sesame's site has some ecards. They do require a $10 minimum donation, but it goes to a good cause. I'm not keen on the Valentine's Day selection, but it's something. :super:
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oooh, I was about to suggest using pictures and attaching to E-mails, for example. Which, in some ways, makes it even more personal and well-thought out than an e-card.

Thanks for making that cute mock-up Mr J!
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Fan Card Ideas?

You are certainly welcome Beau! (insert Beauregard smiley here) I think maybe we should form a fan cards section of the forum where forum members can create their own themed cards that can be personalized by the sender. I know there are many Photoshop artists and illustrators that could get the ball rolling. And maybe when the MC Cards section is back up they can be catalogued in their own section. I think that would be the best idea for now. Thoughts? :coy:
    LinkiePie<3 likes this.
  12. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Ooh I like that idea Jamie! I would love something like that!
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

4 years!

Well, it's been well over 4 years since the cards section went down and it's still not up. Is the cards section dead? :confused:

Is there a straight answer on this? :sympathy:
  14. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Is there a straight answer on anything here...? If it's not maintaining forum security or plugging ebay and Amazon links, it seems there's nothing by backwards handling and hushed tactics on MC anymore.
  15. dmoss

dmoss Member

I've not been here too long, but I do know that you're very right, Prawn! I'm afraid the admin team is too big for their britches when they can't return PM's to members with questions or suggestions for the site, and won't directly reply to anyone. It's a shame, and I almost felt offended on a few occasions.
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm going to actually address the elephant in the room here instead of just serving him cheesy doodles.

A- Could this be a case of legal issues of Disney, Henson and/or Sesame Workshop not wanting MC to send out fan-made ecards?

B- Did Smig pull his beautiful Muppet artwork from MC in favor of Tough Pigs' exclusivity?

C- Is the software too expensive or difficult to implement?

All of this is okay! However, I created one of the best froggin' animated menus on MC for the Cards section that has been useless for over four years. There are simple solutions for all of these issues, but ignoring them has made me and others feel marginalized and dismissed.

Solution A- That would bite if we legally couldn't have a cards section, but there must be some other available Muppet themed ecards online somewhere. It would be nice to provide a link either way. That's the kind of ad that directly benefits the Muppet brands.

Solution B - It would also bite if we lost access to Smig's fantastic and extensive body of work, but there are enough darn good fan artists around here to pick up the slack. That could actually unite the MC community.

Solution C- If there's no software available to adequately send ecards, then at least post the images so that fans can copy the images and send them out as needed.

Ultimately, there is no reason for the Cards section to be in its current state and it's disheartening that's been the case for over 4 years.

Please address these issues, Phillip. I think MC would be much better for it. Thanks!
  17. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

As has always been the case, there are some technical issues that need to be resolved in order to get the cards section back on-line again. I’ll see to it that this gets resolved in the very near future. I agree, the cards section has been gone for too long.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience for a little longer.
  18. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

Is there any news on the card section?
    It's been 5 years now :( I really miss them.
  19. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We're moving to an upgraded server later this month. After the move, we'll do some tests on the cards section and we'll get it back as soon as possible.
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

[like]

:) ;) :insatiable: