1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Caring for UK Bendy Fraggles

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Foodie, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Heyas!
    Does anyone in the Fraggle/Muppet/toy-collecting world have any fun facts on storing the " Bendy " Fraggle Rock foam dolls made in the UK in the 1980s? I have lots of them and have had them for... I dunno 15-ish years. The foam they're made of is sort of like old Nerf footballs. I believe like... 100 years ago, I wrote up some info for this site's Fraggle Collectable section but, at the time, I hadn't owned mine very long, so I didn't have much info on them. I've yet to see how time affects a Nerf football as I haven't seen one in person in years. I do know that the effects of time on the Bendy fraggles vary from piece to piece probably depending on their chemical make-up and the climate. I've got some that haven't changed, some that have cracks and a few that have become the consistency of a cheese puff.

I suppose I'm trying to decide if it's better to store them in something or to keep them in the open. I think both storage methods have their pluses. I'm afraid to completely box them up but I'm also wondering if keeping them in the open is smart. I keep them out of sun and the room they're in doesn't really experience any extreme temperatures. I guess I'm just wondering if there's someone out there who has some suggestions from their own experience.

Thanks. :smirk: