Caring for UK Bendy Fraggles

Foodie

Reaction score
Heyas!
Does anyone in the Fraggle/Muppet/toy-collecting world have any fun facts on storing the " Bendy " Fraggle Rock foam dolls made in the UK in the 1980s? I have lots of them and have had them for... I dunno 15-ish years. The foam they're made of is sort of like old Nerf footballs. I believe like... 100 years ago, I wrote up some info for this site's Fraggle Collectable section but, at the time, I hadn't owned mine very long, so I didn't have much info on them. I've yet to see how time affects a Nerf football as I haven't seen one in person in years. I do know that the effects of time on the Bendy fraggles vary from piece to piece probably depending on their chemical make-up and the climate. I've got some that haven't changed, some that have cracks and a few that have become the consistency of a cheese puff.

I suppose I'm trying to decide if it's better to store them in something or to keep them in the open. I think both storage methods have their pluses. I'm afraid to completely box them up but I'm also wondering if keeping them in the open is smart. I keep them out of sun and the room they're in doesn't really experience any extreme temperatures. I guess I'm just wondering if there's someone out there who has some suggestions from their own experience.

Thanks. :smirk: