Caroll Spinney on CBS Sunday Morning

Reaction score
Hey all.

Thought you might like to know that Caroll Spinney is going to be on CBS Sunday Morning this Sunday, May 25th. You'd have to check your local listings, but here in NYC, it's on WCBS from 9AM to 10:30.

It features an interview with Caroll from his dressing room on the Sesame set, and Big Bird giving the reporter an interview from his nest.

Enjoy!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Man, it's a rare occasion when we (or I at least) actually know in advance when there's a Muppet appearance on a morning news show. Usually it's minutes before it starts!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I heard the exact same news two weeks ago (for airdate May 11), and he didn't show up. They'd better not be lying this time.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Could anybody tape it? :smile: The show is on at 6 am here ... waaaaaaaaaay to early for me

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Gorg
I heard the exact same news two weeks ago (for airdate May 11), and he didn't show up. They'd better not be lying this time.
This sounds like it is a pre-taped segment so chances are we're good to go as long as that silly President down south doesn't start another war and knock Big Bird out of the news in the meantime! :stick_out_tongue:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I taped it.

Let me tell you, this is the BEST segment on Caroll Spinney they have had on all month! They showed some old, quite possibly rare, video clips from Sesame Street, and after covering his reaction to Mr. "Looper's" death, they went into Jim Henson's. They showed clips from Jim's memorial, er, celebration. They showed where the Muppeteers got up with their puppets and started singing, then showed Big Bird singing "It's Not That Easy Bein' Green." I couldn't hold back the tears. Then they brought you to Caroll's house. That was pretty neat.

Was anyone else able to catch it?

SuprGro78

Reaction score
I saw it and I tried not to cry, but I just couldn't help it.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I hear ya', man...

I tell you, if my family weren't sitting right there, I would have been bawling my eyes out. But, my sister picks on anyone who cries (unless it's herself), so, I just held it back til I could go in the other room...

Quite the tear-jerker...

:cry: :smile: :cry: :smile: :cry:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
I taped it.

Let me tell you, this is the BEST segment on Caroll Spinney they have had on all month! They showed some old, quite possibly rare, video clips from Sesame Street, and after covering his reaction to Mr. "Looper's" death, they went into Jim Henson's. They showed clips from Jim's memorial, er, celebration. They showed where the Muppeteers got up with their puppets and started singing, then showed Big Bird singing "It's Not That Easy Bein' Green." I couldn't hold back the tears. Then they brought you to Caroll's house. That was pretty neat.

Was anyone else able to catch it?
Oh, yeah. I saw that. It was very interesting. It's rare to see Scooter and Elmo together like they were in the background during that. I never knew Big Bird sang Kermit's song. That was great!

doctort13

Reaction score
I do not have cable TV, and the reception is horrible. If I mail someone a blank VHS tape & return postage, would you dub me a copy?

email me at: wumpmucket@fuse.net

many thanks:smile: