1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Caroll Spinney tribute on 'Below the Frame'

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Pig's Laundry, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

On Matt Vogel's live Facebook show Below the Frame, Caroll and Deb Spinney made an appearance on a special episode honoring Caroll and his career.
    It was very sweet. Unfortunately, the show has a time limit, so it's not as long as I would've liked, but it was still nice to see so many who work on the show.

The video features basically all the usual Muppeteers, Matt Vogel, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, David Rudman, Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, Frankie Cordero, Tyler Bunch etc. There's a funny Hooper's Store commercial at the beginning featuring cameos by Chris and Alan. And at the end, the band (John Kennedy, Jen Barnhart and Peter Linz) play a medley of Oscar and Big Bird songs.

The whole thing is great, even Tau Bennett was there.

And I know there's already a thread for BTF, but I wanted to make sure that as many people saw this as possible.

I hope to see your thoughts soon!

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Pig's Laundry

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Shane (Oscarfan) makes a cameo as well.

Phillip and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

JonnyBMuppetMan is also in the video montage talking about how he draws Big Bird and Oscar.

MikaelaMuppet and Phillip like this.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I looked away when my clip came out, out of embarrassment. But, glad they saw it at least. That MOMI screening was a good day.

5. Pig's Laundry

I wish I had known before hand that they were doing the fan tribute thing, otherwise I would've sent something in for sure. But hey, I suppose there are other ways to show my appreciation for Caroll. I think i'll send him a letter.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Nice to see some fellow members of this forum in the video!