1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Carroll Spinney

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Salmoto, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Salmoto

Salmoto New Member

Have we ever seen him outside of the Big Bird Costume? I was watching Sesame Street the other day, and it occurs to me I have no idea what he looks like. I have no idea what Eric Jacobson looks like either, but I am not inclined to worry about that yet.
  2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Do you want a picture of Carroll Spinney? I have one. I got it from this very site (personal use only). I'll e-mail it to you.
  3. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I think it was A&E Biography that did a behind the scenes look at Sesame Street and even showed Carroll Spinney putting on the Big Bird puppet. It was available on video for purchase, so I would suggest checking out their website to get it and you can hear his real voice, too!! Or just go here:

http://store.aetv.com/html/catalog/s03.jhtml?search=sesame street&x=25&y=7

FOZ
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

What??? Carroll Spinney never let anything like that happen while he was getting in adn out of the costume! I thought he didn't want photos and such taken of that. Oh, well. I'd buy it just to see some of the behind the scenes stuff.
  6. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Sure. It even shows him hanging around in just the bottom half of the costume. They speak quite extensively with Spinney as well.
  7. Fozzie Bear

It's a really great program!! I suggest getting it and watching it.

I also recorded the Hurricane Episodes of SS to go along with the Biography video!
  8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Well, that is just cool! I remember Richard Hunt used to walk around in the Sweetums feet reading his newspaper. Cool.:cool:
  9. Fozzie Bear

Speaking of Sweetums, if you go to the "Hall of Shame" album at the www.midsouthcartoonists.com photo section, you'll see me with John Henson as Sweetums (with the head on at the MuppetFest and head off after The Muppet Show Live!).

I'll never forget him:
    John: "Should I put the head back on?"
    Kevin: "Nah, the one you have now is just fine!"

L:DL!!

FOZ
  10. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

That is absolutely awesome, man! Wow! I have got to go to the next (?) Muppetfest and, er, um, "make my way" backstage! Wow! Muley looks awesome too.
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

LOL! Yeah it was a bit surreal to be talking to Sweetums, Brian, and Jane Henson all in the sam vacinity...though even weirder talking to John 'half Sweetums' heh.

For the record, Muppets hold up pretty good conversations!