Cartoon all stars to the rescue.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if anyone esle remembers this...But does anyone remember a special called Cartoon all stars to the rescue. It was a little special about a teenage boy who did drugs (I think just pot) and all these cartoon characters came to get him off. There were cartoon like Bugs and Daffy, Mikey of the Ninja Turtles, Winnie the pooh and Tigger. Plus the Muppet babies of Kermit, Miss. Piggy and Gonzo. This has just pop in my head and I wanted to know it anyone esle remembers. I remember renting it alot. I should see if that's on ebay or something, that would be kinda cool to have on DVD, I think. Well does anyone esle remember this, I really loved it.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Yes I remembered that and It's a really good special.I really hope it comes on the DVD eventually.:big_grin:

superboober

Reaction score
I didn't remember the Muppet babies in it, but the special I do remember quite fondly. Probably I think Alf stole the show.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have a mini picture of it and it has the 3 muppet babies,Slimer,The Chipmonks,Alf,Daffy and Bugs Bunny,Garfield,The Smurfs and Winnie the Pooh,and Tigger.The big studios all lent some of there characters for the Special.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah dude the Muppet Babies were totally in it. I remember that the Teen was riding A roller coaster with Baby Kermit. That's why I don't think we'll see it on DVD any time soon, because of all these great copyrighted characters. At least now Disney owns both Muppet Babies and Winnie the Pooh, so maybe that's something of a good sign. This was such a great with such great cartoons, I would say that this is one of the best anti-drug things ever done. Also remember on the VHS how it had the opening from presdent Bush SR. I'm going to say that it was because of this show as to way I don't do drugs to day:smile: . That's why it needs to be release on DVD and be viewed by younger kids of today. It was so great, I went on Ebay to try and get a vhs copy, man that's going for a good 25 bucks and that's just a vhs. I would think it would do well on DVD.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I thought it was a really great concept. Kinda mind blowing, in childhood terms. It was like seeing Spider-Man (who's owned by Marvel comics) and Superman (owned by DC Comics) teams up. It's just something you fantasize about, and when it actuallt happens, you're just blown away. I recall that Muppet Babies, Alf, Ducktales, Flintstone Kids, Alvin and the Chipmunks and possibly the Smurfs were all in it (there were probably others that I'm forgetting). What I thought was really wild was that they got an Oscar winning actor, George C. Scott, to voice the villain, a suit-wearing whisp of marijuana smoke! Wadda wild idea all around!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
I thought it was a really great concept. Kinda mind blowing, in childhood terms. It was like seeing Spider-Man (who's owned by Marvel comics) and Superman (owned by DC Comics) teams up. It's just something you fantasize about, and when it actuallt happens, you're just blown away. I recall that Muppet Babies, Alf, Ducktales, Flintstone Kids, Alvin and the Chipmunks and possibly the Smurfs were all in it (there were probably others that I'm forgetting). What I thought was really wild was that they got an Oscar winning actor, George C. Scott, to voice the villain, a suit-wearing whisp of marijuana smoke! Wadda wild idea all around!
Yeah it was great to see this as a kid, and I think it would be great to see right now.I mean (at the time) Muppet Babies being owned by Henson, Winnie, Tigger and Ducktales being owned by Disney, and Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck (Warner Bros), all kind of rival companies, all leading some of their biggest stars to this, good message special. That's just really great. I so want to get that on VHS and it really needs to get on DVD some time, that's classic.

Also please forgive me for the correction, but the Flintstone kids were not a part of this special. The Smurfs were a part of this, though.

Here is the complete list of characters on this great show:

Alf (as a cartoon of course)
Alvin and the Chipmunks (Alvin, Simon, and Theodore)
Huey, Dewey and Louie (of Ducktales)
Winnie The Pooh and Tigger
Muppet Babies (Baby Kermit, baby Piggy, and baby Gonzo)
The Smurfs (Papa, Brainy and smurfent)
Michaelangelo (Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles)
Garfiled
Slimer (The Real Ghostbusters)
Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck (Looney Tunes)

Interesting facts the same guy to do baby Gonzo's voice is also the same person to do Huey, Dewey and Louie.