1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Cartoon Network Just Scored Some Major Awesome Points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaseytheMuppet, Oct 1, 2012.

1. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Wow. Ok. I was watching CN, and an awesome commercial came up. Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Foster's Home, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, My Gym Partner's A Monkey, Chowder, Ed, Edd, and Eddy.... and so much more were in it. Then I found out that they are actually playing reruns of all these shows! (And they're not even showing their crappy Dude, What Would Happen type shows) I can't wait to watch more CN! :)
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, except for Foster's, Gym Partner, and Chowder... this IS great news!
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Gym Partner should have been buried when it was canceled. It's the single worst cartoon CN ever made, and I'm unapologetic about that. It's 30 minutes of Monkey Butt jokes, flat cliches, and stylistically it's nothing to write home about. That line up of that, Camp Lazlo (completely disappointing considering the creator, but sort of enjoyable), Squirrel Boy (never saw it, nor has anyone ever spoken of it) killed the network, especially after the *&^% Mooninite fiasco. Flapjack and Chowder were to save the network, and almost did if they didn't screw everything up with reruns.

But, yeah... CN should rerun the older shows during the day, or find a way to put them online, or at least release the rest of the popular ones on DVD. Though, you just know that when they rerun them, they'll only rerun half the episodes and they'll be censored for some reason Nickelodeon....
    MrBabySpencer and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  4. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

I did really like Chowder... but... Flapjack... I don't know... It just, Kind of freaked me out....

**shivers**

And I kind of find some of the censorship they do on some shows to be stupid.

**Cough cough... NARUTO**
    And don't get me started on Censorship on Shows meant for older audiences...

*Cough, SOUTH PARK*

This is part of the reason I LOVED Toonami When I was little (Well, Up until the NEW TOM 4... *shivers* )

They could show shows like Gundam, Sailor Moon, Etc. During the Midnight runs and not be censored....

Not saying they are Shows that are bad for kids, but they had *Gasp* Cuss words! And Violence! Oh my!
  5. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I've watched this video and it's totally awesome!!!

There was just a lot of characters but it's a really long list!!
    galagr and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  6. D'Snowth

Why did the Foster's and Adventure Time characters get so much more screen time than all the others?
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Adventure Time's the most popular show at the moment (I love it).
  8. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Dunno what video you guys are talking about, but the reason for all the vintage shows/episodes yesterday was cause CN was celebrating their 20th birthday.

Trust me Drtooth, you're better off for not having watched Squirrel Boy. Gym Partner was meh even it bacame a bread-and-butter show for the network. Camp Lazlo was actually good. *Shrugs and leaves thread.
  9. CaseytheMuppet

Well, I guess the reason I liked Gym Partner was because I was 5, and 5 year old like butt jokes. I agree with some of you guys, Flapjack was plain creepy. I did love Chowder, though! :)
  10. Drtooth

I sort of like Camp Lazlo. I've sit through it willingly numerous times. If you don't realize this is the same creator of Rocko's Modern Life, you're fine. But if you go into the show thinking "this is from the same crazy guy that gave us one of the wackiest, greatest, and kinda underratedest cartoons of all time," and expect the same thing or better, it is a little bit of a disappointment. They got back most of the voice actors from the Rocko days (Charlie Adler is unfortunately absent), too bad he didn't get back any of the writers.

I assume the same sort of discrepancy exists if I were to compare Duckman to Squirrel Boy (Everett Peck).
  11. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Chowder was awesome! Remember that one episode where (and this was totally unexpected!) all the main characters (including chowder) changed their voices? I think one of the main characters in the show found a book which had a recipe that caused the voice change.
  12. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

This is the Cartoon Network I grew up with! Glad to see them playing some of this.
    (I just made myself sound really old, but really, these were the shows that were on when I was younger)
  13. D'Snowth

Oh, I see what's going on here...

Yeah, they're playing the old, classic shows alright... BUT, they're NOT playing FULL EPISODES, rather, they're just playing individual segments and entries from the series in like little 15-minute slots throughout the afternoon.

Fail.
  14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

What? Seriously? Wow. Some way to celebrate the shows that made their network popular to begin with :rolleyes:
  15. CaseytheMuppet

Oh, well that stinks. :mad:
  16. Drtooth

It's just as well. Even if they took to continuously rerunning the shows, they'd find a way to screw it up. Editing, showing half the episodes over and over... I like seeing things rerun, sure... but the way that it's usually done is always disappointing.
  17. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only one that noticed this, and I guess I am. There are currently several episodes of classic cartoon network shows for FREE on iTunes. There is about one free episode per series, and the ones I have found are the following:

Camp Lazlo: Hello Summer, Goodbye Camp
    Chowder: The Won Ton Bombs/The Party Cruise
    Courage the Cowardly Dog: The Magic Tree of Nowhere/ Robot Randy
    Dexter's Lab: Unconventional/ Dexter is Dirty/ Ice Cream Scream
    Ed, Edd n Eddy: Wish You Were Ed/ Momma's Little Ed
    Johnny Bravo: Super Duped/Bungled in the Jungle/ Bearly Enough Time
    Adventure Time: It Came from the Nightosphere/ The Eyes

They also have lowered the price on a few seasons to $9.99. And, no,they did not pay me to say that. :)
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I think this is just the U.S. store. I'm not seeing this here in the Canadian store. :(