Cartoon Planet 2012: Does Anyone On Here Like It??

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
A Few Weeks I Stumpled Omong Cartoon Planet, Or As For Short Terms, I Watched It, And I Thought It WAS AWESOME!!, FINALLY!! AFTER THIS LIVE-ACTION CRAP!!, THERE FINALLY BRINGING BACK THE OLD STUFF!!, And I Was So Surpirsed To See Brak And Zorak AGAIN IN YEARS!!, BUT There's One Thing I Hate About It, It's The Flash Animation, While It's Perfect For Brak, It's Not That Perfect For Zorak, If Anyone Remember's The OLD Cartoon Planet, Zorak Had Some Face Impessions, The New Zorak Dosen't Have Face Impressions, What's The Point In That CN Or Warner Bros Animation, Or Whoever's Animating This Dang Thing. I Was Also Disapointed That Space Ghost Didn't Appear In This Revival, Anyways Those Are My Thoughts Of Cartoon Planet 2012, What Are Your Thoughts, Tell Me In The Comments Below.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I for one kinda like it. I love the Dexter's Laboratory episodes.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm a longtime SGC2C/CP fan. As proof, I'm the creator of the website Brak's Scrapbook, if that means anything to ya.

I no longer have cable. I cut it off after Comcast ticked me off one too many times and the Cartoon Network "Adult Swim" lineup went from goofy to just plain vulgar. So, I cannot see the new show on TV. However, I have seen bits on Youtube, and I like what I've seen. The flash animation is fine with me. The original show was produced on the cheap (SUPER cheap!), using footage ripped out of the old Space Ghost cartoons, with occasional new bits by Clay Croker. That they'd update the look while maintaining the cheapo aspect by using flash makes sense to me.

I do miss Space Ghost. George Lowe is one funny guy in real life. He's a guy you could put in fromt of a huge Dragon*Con crowd, hand a microphone to, and come back an hour later to find everyone laughing their heads off and more people peering in the door and wishing the room weren't already crammed. He's had some very signficant health problems, however, which might have conflicted with this. If he were going to be at Dragon*Con this year I'd ask him, but I don't see him on the guest list. I know some of the other Cartoon Network folks, so maybe I'll find out something.

In conclusion,

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I'm a longtime SGC2C/CP fan. As proof, I'm the creator of the website Brak's Scrapbook, if that means anything to ya.

The original show was produced on the cheap (SUPER cheap!), using footage ripped out of the old Space Ghost cartoons, with occasional new bits by Clay Croker. That they'd update the look while maintaining the cheapo aspect by using flash makes sense to me.
WOW!! I NEVER EVEN KNEW THAT!!, Anyways I Have Some Short Old And New Cartoon Planet Clips Posted On Youtube, Via My Channel, TTiMuppet

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I already mentioned this in another thread, but no.

The new Cartoon Planet sucks eggs. It's very generic and has no personality to it whatsoever; the original CP had much more to it, it was almost like a slightly kid-friendlier Saturday Morning-esque version of Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and it also was a showcase for classic cartoons, the new CP lacks all of that... sure, it plays some older cartoons, but it doesn't play classic cartoons, and it also plays some cartoons I don't like.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I no longer have cable. I cut it off after Comcast ticked me off one too many times and the Cartoon Network "Adult Swim" lineup went from goofy to just plain vulgar.
I really don't follow adult swim. I think Space Ghost, Harvey Birdman and, Venture Bros (what I've seen of it) are the best things that were ever on that network. Also dig Aqua Teen Hunger Force. But what's with all the live action weird shows? The thing with Chris Elliot looks pretty alright (But then again, I am a fan of Chris Elliot). Robot Chicken is extremely hit or miss and often works really blue when it doesn't need to. The Dark Kristall and Captain Planet skits were amazing, but everything else is either pretty funny or vulgar for vulgar's sake.