Cartoon typewriter guy in wheels

mikealan

Reaction score
Hi. I discovered a picture of the Typewriter Guy bust. He is performed by Andrew Duncan and I think he appeared on the series of his own old animated series on the early days of Sesame Street, but I did get to see him on the Season 30 episodes on Noggin.

I've got a questions to ask any of you about the cartoon typewriter guy that went "Noo-nee-noo-nee-noo!":

What year were the typewriter guy cartoons made?

Was the typewriter guy shown on Unpaved or 123 Sesame on Noggin?

CookieFan

Reaction score
I've seen the cartoon typewriter guy on Noggin recently (not sure if its the same one you're talking about -- a red typewriter with white hands?). I was surprised they still show him since kids these days have no idea what a typewriter is!

Then again, on Play With Me Sesame, they had a party sketch where the RECORD PLAYER was broken! And just this season they had a giant telephone with a ROTARY DIAL for Spanish Word of the Day.

mikealan

Reaction score
GUYS!!! I did get to see the Typewriter Guy on episode #3186 of 123 Sesame Street on Noggin!!! It was J-Jump!:smile:

Does he also appear on Unpaved?

Skeeter8

Reaction score
From what I can recall, the typewriter guy doesn't know how to type properly! I seem to recall that he only used one finger to type things out. Of course, if he were to type "properly" on himself, it would be the reverse of how we type on our keyboards.

ssetta

Reaction score
You would be surprised how many people still have rotary dial phones in their homes. But usually, if they do, they don't usually use them to dial, they just use them as an answering device. I have noticed they very rarely on Sesame Street show how to dial the phone either way, but usually, if they do, these days, they will use push-buttons.

Maybe they could update the typewriter guy, and have a computer-generated animation (like Tiny Planets or something) and have a laptop with wheels that would even open and close, and rather than singing "noo ne noo", you would hear him making computer noises.

Skeeter8

Reaction score
Cool!! The Laptop Guy :smile: But what exactly are "computer noises"? Noises like a modem?

salemfan

Reaction score
Also, in the Elmo's World segment about dancing, the Dancing Channel showed the woman place a RECORD on a RECORD PLAYER.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I want a Fun 4 All action figure of that, with an accessory of the Giant Nose...remember that? "S" is for Sneeze?

Noony noony nooony....