Cartoons that seem to last forever

Xerus

Reaction score
I've noticed that these cartoons have been going on for many years and won't seem to get cancelled anytime soon.

The Simpsons are starting their 19th year this season.

King of the Hill will be starting its 11th year.

South Park has been renewed until 2011.

Pokemon has been airing in America for 9 years.

And Arthur has done it's 11th season so far.

travellingpat

Reaction score
But Arthur I believe has had declining quality recently they recast many of the actors so the voices are all screwed up now and they are running thin on story lines but its still great

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, the recasts of voice acting comes out of necessity. After all, they use real kids, and they have a terrible habit of growing up.

Pokemon is only on the air since Nintendo keeps milking it for all the monitary purposes it can get. I really wanna see it gone for good. That, and for Nintendo to get a decent vehicle to put Super Mario back on television.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I dont know about that...i always laugh when i watch it....if its still funny i dont think its too long

Xerus

Reaction score
I've also noticed that after all these years, the kids are still kids and never age. And even when they come back from summer vacations, they always end up back in the same classrooms with the same teachers, like they'll never move on to the next grade.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Haha i know....barts had ms krabbapple for like 19 years now haha and mr ratburns been around forever

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I've also noticed that after all these years, the kids are still kids and never age. And even when they come back from summer vacations, they always end up back in the same classrooms with the same teachers, like they'll never move on to the next grade.
I find that funny considering the Simpsons kids are the same age, in the same grade level, with the same teacher season after season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
11 years is way too long for King of the Hill

The show actually was supposed to be cancelled last year, but I think they had enough episodes to run for a couple more seasons, considering now it's the NFL pre-emtion whipping boy Futurama used to be.

I was a smidge disappointed hearing of it's cancellation, but considering Luanne became like Homer, and got stupider every season, Kahn (?) got meaner to the point of being a real cartoon character every season, and Tom Petty's character joining the cast (Don't have anything against Tom Petty, but these are the kind of "redneck" stereotypes I'm sick of seeing on TV, and I'm from the north) I wouldn't mind.

The episodes have gotten pretty Bill-centric. Not that I mind too much, but I just want one of the things that happens to him to work out.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I hope Family Guy sticks around for a long time, it's my favorite show on TV right now. I did notice they are in syndication on TBS though.