Cartoony Observations...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As an aspiring cartoonist (besides being an aspiring puppeteer), I notice in cartoons, alot of things are drawn and colored a certain way for you to understand what they are supposed to be, even though they aren't completely like that in real life. Example:

Water
In real life: Water is clear. No matter what, water is clear. If it's a large body of water, then it tends to reflect the color of the sky.
In cartoons: water's virtually always light blue, even in atmospheres that have little to no blue.

Cheese
In real life: Cheese comes in variety! Some are white, some are yellowish orange, some are green, and mostly only Swiss (which is white) has holes in it.
In cartoons: Cheese is almost always bright yellow with holes in it, which the exception of cartoon cheese burgers, where the cheese slices look like American or Cheddar slices.

The Moon
In real life: The moon doesn't really seem THAT big on Earth. In fact, it seems more like a small glowing ball in a big black sky. Somes it's full, and other times it's a cresant or half-moon.
In cartoons: Moons are always huge, I guess to make it stand out amongst the stars. Most of the cartoon moons are cresant moons, with the exception of shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog where the moon is mostly full.

The Night Sky
In real life: It's black. End of story.
In cartoons: It's usually either a dark blue or dark purple. Sometimes I've even seen cartoon nightskies that are dark green or dark pink.

That's all my observations for right now.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
On The Tick, there's a big blast out of the moon with the letters CHA in it.