Casey Kasem

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today’s V/A focus is Casey Kasem. He started out as a cartoon voice artist during the 60’s and 70’s. His most famous voice was Shaggy from the Scooby-Doo series. Then later, Casey became a famous radio DJ for shows like American Top 40 Countdown, but still sometimes voices Shaggy when a new Scooby-Doo movie or special comes out. “ZOINKS!"

THE ALL NEW SCOOBY AND SCRAPPY-DOO SHOW: Shaggy Rogers
THE ALL NEW SUPERFRIENDS HOUR: Robin
ALOHA, SCOOBY-DOO: Shaggy Rogers
THE BATMAN/SUPERMAN HOUR: Robin
BATTLE OF THE PLANETS: Mark
THE BEAR WHO SLEPT THROUGH CHRISTMAS: Narrator
CAPTAIN PLANET AND THE PLANETEERS: Lexo Starbuck
CATTANOOGA CATS: Groove
CHALLENGE OF THE SUPERFRIENDS: Robin, Computer
CHILL OUT, SCOOBY-DOO: Shaggy Rogers
THE CITY THAT FORGOT ABOUT CHRISTMAS: Street Urchin
DYNOMUTT: Shaggy Rogers
THE FLINTSTONES MEET ROCKULA AND FRANKENSTONE: Monty Marble
THE GUMBALL RALLY: Radio DJ (uncredited)
HERE COMES PETER COTTONTAIL: Peter Cottontail
HISTERIA!: Calgary Kasem
HOT WHEELS: Dexter Carter
JOHNNY BRAVO: Shaggy Rogers
JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS: Alexander Cabot III
JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS IN OUTER SPACE: Alexander Cabot III
LAFF-A-LYMPICS: Shaggy Rogers
LOONEY TUNES, BACK IN ACTION: Shaggy Rogers
THE NEW SCOOBY-DOO MOVIES: Shaggy Rogers, Alexander Cabot III
THE NEW SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES: Shaggy Rogers
A PUP NAMED SCOOBY-DOO: Shaggy Rogers
RETURN OF THE KING: Meriadoc Brandybuck
THE RICHIE RICH/SCOOBY-DOO SHOW: Shaggy Rogers
RUGRATS IN PARIS: Wedding DJ
SESAME STREET: Certain cartoon skits
SHAGGY AND SCOOBY-DOO GET A CLUE: Uncle Albert Shaggleford
A SCOOBY-DOO CHRISTMAS: Shaggy Rogers
THE SCOOBY AND SCRAPPY-DOO PUPPY HOUR: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO AND THE GHOUL SCHOOL: Shaggy Rogers, Magic Mirror
SCOOBY-DOO AND LEGEND OF THE VAMPIRE: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO AND THE LOCH NESS MONSTER: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO AND THE MONSTER OF MEXICO: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO AND THE RELUCTANT WEREWOLF: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO AND SCRAPPY-DOO: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO GOES HOLLYWOOD: Shaggy Rogers, Pilot, Man 1
SCOOBY-DOO IN ARABIAN KNIGHTS: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO IN WHERE’S MY MUMMY?: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO MEETS THE BOO BROTHERS: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES(VG): Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO, PIRATES AHOY!: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU?: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO’S CREEPIEST CAPERS: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY-DOO’S GREATEST MYSTERIES: Shaggy Rogers
SCOOBY’S MYSTERY FUNHOUSE: Shaggy Rogers
SKYHAWKS: Joe Conway
SPACE STARS: Announcer
SUPERFRIENDS: Robin, Jor-El
SUPERFRIENDS, THE LEGENDARY SUPERPOWERS SHOW: Robin
THE SUPERFRIENDS HOUR: Robin
THE SUPER POWERS TEAM, GALACTIC GUARDIANS: Robin
TEAMO SUPREMO: DJ Despicable
THE 13 GHOSTS OF SCOOBY-DOO: Shaggy Rogers
TINY TOON ADVENTURES: Flaky Flakem
TRANSFORMERS(ORIGINAL MOVIE & SERIES): Cliff Jumper, Bluestreak, Teletran 1, Dr. Arkeville
2 STUPID DOGS: Bill Barker
WAIT TILL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME: George
WHAT’S NEW, SCOOBY-DOO?" Shaggy Rogers
THE WORLD’S GREATEST SUPERFRIENDS: Robin

Here’s a fact. Casey Kasem is a strict vegetarian and he suggested that they make Shaggy a vegetarian as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
THE FLINTSTONES MEET ROCKULA AND FRANKENSTONE: Monty Marble
Yet another title you've mentioned that I remember seeing, and I'm sure I've got that on tape somewhere as well.
X said:
Here’s a fact. Casey Kasem is a strict vegetarian and he suggested that they make Shaggy a vegetarian as well.
Too bad that didn't work out, Shaggy eats anything that isn't locked up.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Great that he's still dong Shaggy after all theses years!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... One of the ones I haven't seen is Scooby Doo in Where's My Mummy? There are a few SD movies that were left out, probably because the voice actor for Shaggy was changed like The Witch's Ghost. Not sure if it was another actor voicing Shaggy in Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, that's the rarest one of the new movies, Cartoon Network hasn't aired that one in a long while. SD and Cleopatra's Curse or The Curse of Cleopatra is also absent from your list. Don't really remember who/what Flakey Flakem was from Tiny Toons. I'm sad to know that there's a direct link between the classic Scooby Doo and that drech of Get a Clue.

Since this was basically a Scooby Doo review, there's something I've always wanted to know/ask. You know the ending of Ghoul School when the new students for next year are lined up? Who/what students were present in that final shot?

Hope to hear from you soon buddy, good job on another V/A X-Man.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
I remember when I was younger. One of my favorite shows was "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo*, and I had a crush on Shaggy then. It went as far as me dreaming that I married him... Poor kid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a small and useless fact. I share the same birthday as Casey. April 27th.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember when I was younger. One of my favorite shows was "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo*, and I had a crush on Shaggy then. It went as far as me dreaming that I married him... Poor kid.
I love that show! That is the only Scooby show I am a fan of. That and the weird one when it's just Scooby, Shaggy and Scrappy runny away from what appear to be real ghosts and crazy minsters and thing like that, lol!:zany:

Xerus

Reaction score
Hmmm... One of the ones I haven't seen is Scooby Doo in Where's My Mummy? There are a few SD movies that were left out, probably because the voice actor for Shaggy was changed like The Witch's Ghost. Not sure if it was another actor voicing Shaggy in Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, that's the rarest one of the new movies, Cartoon Network hasn't aired that one in a long while. SD and Cleopatra's Curse or The Curse of Cleopatra is also absent from your list. Don't really remember who/what Flakey Flakem was from Tiny Toons. I'm sad to know that there's a direct link between the classic Scooby Doo and that drech of Get a Clue.

Since this was basically a Scooby Doo review, there's something I've always wanted to know/ask. You know the ending of Ghoul School when the new students for next year are lined up? Who/what students were present in that final shot?

Hope to hear from you soon buddy, good job on another V/A X-Man.
Thank you. :smile:

And to answer your questions. I tried looking up the SD and the Curse of Cleopatra and I found it nowhere on Wikipedia or the Internet Movie Database. I believe it was actually just a book.

http://www.shop.com/+-a-Scooby+Doo+and+the+Curse+of+Cleopatra-p94083609-k36-st.shtml

And there were times Casey wasn't available to voice Shaggy so in Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, Billy West voiced Shaggy. And those other Scooby Doo movies I didn't mention, Scott Innes had voiced Shaggy along with Scooby Doo.

And in Shaggy and Scooby Doo, Get a Clue, Scott Menville ended up voicing Shaggy while Casey voiced Uncle Albert for some reason.

And I don't remember the ending monsters in The Ghoul School. I'll have to watch it the next time it airs.

Skye

Reaction score
Wow, very cool! I've always been interested in Casey's vocal talents, and he's done a lot more different voices than I realized!

Another great focus, Xerus, and awesome fact about Casey wanting Shaggy to be a vegetarian, too, hehe. I think it's great that it was so important to him that he gave it a shot! :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
Wow, very cool! I've always been interested in Casey's vocal talents, and he's done a lot more different voices than I realized!

Another great focus, Xerus, and awesome fact about Casey wanting Shaggy to be a vegetarian, too, hehe. I think it's great that it was so important to him that he gave it a shot! :smile:
Thank you. :smile: Yes, Casey was famous for voicing teenagers back in the 60's and 70's. In Scooby Doo Meets Josie and the Pussycats, I did notice that Shaggy and Alexander had the same exact voices.