Casey Kasem

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I have heard alot of people say, including a self proclaimed Scooby Doo expert (who I have lost touch with. she was kinda weird anyway), that the Character of Shaggy is a vegetarian. Their answer to the whole thing about Shaggy eating meat products is that they are Veggie Burgers, ect. I ask them where they heard this and of course they say "internet". I just want to bang my head on the wall in frustration over people who believe everything they see on the interent

I dont know how mandy times I have tried to explain that Shaggy is NOT a vegetarian, but his actor Casey Kasem is. You just cant seem to argue with these people.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dont know how mandy times I have tried to explain that Shaggy is NOT a vegetarian, but his actor Casey Kasem is. You just cant seem to argue with these people.
Actually, Shaggy was only a Veggie in the film version. Probably as a tip of the hat to Casey, I dunno. It seems they tried to carry that into What's New Scooby Doo, but it seems something they have no continuity of. I'd have to rewatch the series (I don't have any of the DVD's yet) to check it out.

I think they abandoned it for Get a Clue, because I swear I saw him eating meat multiple times.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I always think of Casey Kasem as the voice of Cliffjumper rather than Shaggy :wink:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It seems they tried to carry that into What's New Scooby Doo, but it seems something they have no continuity of.
yeah, I noticed that too. I never really thought much of it until one day it just hit me lol :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I suddenly feel the need to boast about something...

Casey Kasem's serving as a DJ in my home town!

I kid you not, 93.1 FM here in Knoxville, he's a DJ for the local 80s station; I heard him on the radio while driving home from the Booms Day fireworks display. Sounds just like Shaggy if he didn't have that kind of high-pitched twang to his voice, lol.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Casey Kasem is the definative Shaggy Rogers, IMO. As to my fav Scooby Doo series, my top two are A Pup Named Scooby Doo & The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo, whilst my favorite movie is Scooby Doo & The Ghoul School (as it was the first Scooby Doo film I saw & I have a soft spot in my heart for the fact that Scooby, Shaggy, and even Scrappy can overlook the fact that they're teaching real monsters & be friends with them).

Xerus

Reaction score

I kid you not, 93.1 FM here in Knoxville, he's a DJ for the local 80s station; I heard him on the radio while driving home from the Booms Day fireworks display. Sounds just like Shaggy if he didn't have that kind of high-pitched twang to his voice, lol.
That's cool that Casey is visiting your home town. He has a voice I remember from my childhood. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score

Usually they do this the automotive way don't they. I used to here national radio personalities mention my home town all the time but you never that in every town. It's just insert said town here and it's the same the for the whole country.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Such is always the way with radio. XD