Catastrophic new Daily Bit

Luke

Reaction score
Don't like it - in fact HATE IT !!! Ugh ! Messing up the apron, thats fine and the whole idea of it - but putting shiny mess over his FACE has ruined a pretty much perfect figure, incredibly bad idea, detracts from the likeness and it also means that there is no opportunity for fans to have a decent looking chef to display if they couldn't afford the playset.

At first when reading the daily bit intro i thought "Hmmm bad PR move letting people see the cheaper alternative Chef just when the expensive playset is about to hit" as they might decide not to buy the set and wait. However on actually seeing the Variant Chef i think it's an excellent move - a lot of the people who see this i would think will now go and buy the playset instead of waiting !

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
wow, I couldn't disagree more...I think if anything this chef really shows the personality well...should it take the place of regular chef? No....but does it fit his likeness? Oh yeah!!

well, I can see your POV, but I love this exclusive. I think it's way more appropriate than the invisible figures or even the tour animal....

Luke

Reaction score
It's not that i don't think it's appropriate - i was all up for a regular repaint with a messed up apron, that would be super duper ! Messing specifically with his face though i hate - shiny paint looks terrible on the figures (remember Gonzo ?) and the facial paintwork on the original Chef was IMO perfect, i'm sad they've changed that.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
oh, okay, I can see what you mean there...but really, it could be appropriate for it to be shiney...think of like, egg whites and frosting stuff...quite shiney in real life....

scarecroe

Reaction score
When you factor in the yearly fee for being a member of the club, the shipping it will cost to get him, and the $20 price tag, this is more expensive than the regular chef with playset.

I think it's absolutely ludicrous charging $20 for an action figure of this size. Same goes for Super Scooter.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm gonna go look now, but I wish folks would start including links in their posts. :frown:

Whiningly,
FOZ

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/whatsnew/thebit/January/Lobsters.jpg

Well, I think it's kind of funny!

First, his face isn't shiny, darlings. That's flour that's been chunked up on his face!!

Here's the only thing I'm thinking of (yes, "I" wear an apron in the kitchen sometimes):

The stains on the apron shouldn't be quite so thick, and would begin to fade some below the curve of the belly and only be speckled along the base of the apron.

The 'flour' mishaps on him are funn-ee, but I wouldn't let them be much more than speckles over the cuffs of his pants.

I still think he's funn-ee.
:smile:
FOZ

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, I think this is the result of an exploding cake or something,and not normal wear and tear, but you may be right...

as far as the price on both scooter and the chef go, all I can say is that if you think they're pricey, try and find a better deal on ebay...I doubt you'll get either for less than double that price...

but for the chef especially I don't think it's unreasonable, because he comes with 3 unique pack-ins, and we all know from the ask ken thread just how expensive those are to create....

simon42

Reaction score
I not only love it, but it reaffirms why I'm so obsessed with this toy line!