1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Cavorting

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Ruahnna, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

“Aw, Honey,” said Kermit, and tried to take Piggy into his arms.
    “No!” she insisted.
    “Kermit—no! Stop this minute!” Piggy squealed, but she did not sound scary—or convincing. Kermit continued to press kisses on her neck and shoulders as they tussled on the bed.
    “How about the next—hm—minute?” Kermit murmured, undeterred. He managed to wriggle closer, bringing their bodies into alignment. Kermit let out a little growl of satisfaction, nestling in determinedly, but Piggy, for all her giggling, managed to unseat him. She crawled over and sat, leaning against the headboard. Kermit grimaced, but Piggy saw the determined look in his eyes and snatched up one of the fluffy bed pillows protectively. Padded and covered, she faced him, her jaw set determinedly.
    ‘You stay right over there you—you, frog, you!” she said crossly, but she dared not look directly at him. Piggy had a notorious weakness for those pollywog eyes and she did not intend to succumb until they had sorted a few things out. “Moi is mad at you, and I do not wish to…cavort with you when I am angry.”
    Kermit’s face registered surprise and amusement. The heat of anger and the heat of passion had often merged seamlessly—and spectacularly—and he did not quite believe her when she claimed no interest in, um, cavorting. Still, she had moved away from him instead of snuggling in, so something must be making her genuinely unhappy. Surprise gave way to worry. He did not want her to be unhappy, and he particularly did not want her to be unhappy with him. He scooted toward her and Piggy yelped and clutched the pillow tighter.
    ‘You stop right there,” she demanded, imperious. Kermit stopped and bent his head to catch her startlingly blue eye.
    “I’m here,” he said seriously. “And I’m listening.”
    “Well, it’s about time,” Piggy said petulantly. “You haven’t listened to a thing Moi has said all day.”
    Kermit opened his mouth to protest, thought hard for a moment, then closed his mouth. She could be right, he thought honestly.
    “You could be right,” he said, daring to voice it.
    Piggy nodded with satisfaction. “Moi is right,” she insisted. “Your head’s been somewhere else all day.”
    Kermit was more aware of what parts of him were where—or not—than he cared to mention. He wanted her, wanted to be with her and in her and-- He stopped himself with difficulty. Frustration was the only thing he could reap (or sow) unless they could sort this out. He stopped looking for a tactical in and sat down where he was on the end of the bed, frowning thoughtfully. He could feel her gaze on him, pensive and unhappy. A thought occurred to him and he looked up and smiled.
    “I’ll trade you,” he said, proud of his resourcefulness.
    Wariness warred with interested on her lovely face. If shopping had been an Olympic category, Piggy room would have been drowning in gold medals, and trading was a recognizable form of commerce.
    “Let me hear the terms,” she said shrewdly.
    Kermit smiled, and Piggy was almost undone by that sweet lopsided smile. “You tell me what I did wrong,” he said earnestly, “and suggest appropriate atonement. If we strike a deal, I get to pick a favor.” He smiled again, a guileless smile which, Piggy knew, could hide a ton of guile.
    “What kind of favors?” Piggy said, her lips pursed suspiciously.
    “I don’t know,” Kermit said in an offhand manner. “Um, you could, you know, rub my back. Or something.” He smiled again, and Piggy felt her mouth twitch at the corners. Drat the little amphibian thespian anyway, she thought. He could sell snake oil if he wanted.
    Still…if the goal was being heard, and Kermit was willing to listen….
    “Okay,” she said primly. “It’s a deal.” She offered her soft warm hand to shake.
    Kermit looked at the proffered hand and it was his turn to fight back a smile. She had accepted his idea to trade, but the real maneuvering was just beginning.
    Kermit released her hand but scooted up the bed to sit beside her. She watched him warily, ready for an out-of-bounds pounce, but her husband was well-behaved. He fluffed a pillow, put his elbow on it and rested his chin on his hand, gazing at her. “Tell me,” he said.
    At first, it was impossible to look at him. Piggy talked, quickly and passionately, while staring at her fingers and twisting BK around and around. But even if he was unseen, Kermit was not unheard. He made little sounds of interest and acknowledgement all the while she talked, and Piggy finally turned and met his eyes. What she found there made her gaze soften and the lines of tension in her frame ease.
    “And when that happens,” she said finally, “I feel like I used to feel back when Moi started modeling.”
    “Beautiful?” Kermit murmured, teasing, but she took it in the vein it was intended.
    “Beautiful and invisible,” she corrected. “Like I’m only there to be seen and not heard.”
    I hear you, Piggy,” Kermit said softly. “Even when you don’t think I’m listening.” He paused, then frowned. “At least—at least, I mean to. I know I can be preoccupied and, um, unaware of my surroundings if I’ve got a lot on my mind, but…but I’m never unaware of you.” As if! Kermit thought unhappily. He frowned again. “What can I do to let you know that?”
    It was Piggy’s turn to frown. Other women worried about frown lines, but Piggy’s frowns were charming, especially when she wrinkled her snout up like she was doing now. “I want to know you know how hard I work to make it look easy.”
    Kermit had to think about that a moment, which was difficult, since most of the blood seemed to be rushing away from his head.
    “First of all,” Kermit said, after a thoughtful pause. “I think it’s amazingly easy for you to look amazing.”
    Piggy gave him a look, but he forestalled protest by holding up a slim green hand. “In fact,” he continued. “I have never seen you look anything but amazing, but—“ He reached out and touched the curve of her cheek. “I do know what you mean. Sometimes it takes makeup and hairdressing and wardrobe two hours to achieve the perfection you have just stepping out of the shower. And after all that fussing and pestering, you still have to go out there and act.”
    Piggy nodded, pressing her face into his hand. He understood! He always understood!
    “So…maybe I could try harder to remember that you’ve been up longer than most of the rest of us and…remember to say how fabulous you are.” He cupped her flushed cheek in his hand. “You are, you know,” he said huskily. “Fabulous and wonderful and sexy and…everything.”
    “Good answer,” said Piggy. She kissed the palm of his hand, and Kermit felt a hot flush wash over his body. He was trying very hard not to remember that he was less than two feet away from her delectable form, but her next words almost undid him. “Okay, Kermie—now it’s your turn. Tell me what you want.”
    The game and the bargain had been entered into with good faith, but one look at Kermit’s face said he would gladly throw in his hand and admit defeat if she would just…would only….
    Piggy laughed softly, and then she was moving, and her lush figure was pressed against his, and her arms were around him and her lips…her lips were everywhere, kissing his neck, his mouth, whispering little secret wishes that made his temperature spike. Kermit felt light-headed, the only constant the warm, solid feel of her in his arms.
    “Does this…does this mean…?”
    “Yes,” said Piggy. “Cavorting is back on the bargaining table.”
    Kermit’s only answer was a slow grim. He fully intended to cash in all of his bargaining chips before the evening was through.
  2. Ruahnna

(Sorry--this is really not a story, just a story fragment, but I'm really missing some frog/pig snuggling and it's going to take me a bit to get Kermit and Piggy on the same coast in Kermie's Girl.)

So--enjoy or be scandalized. Or both.
  3. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Yay! I like it! Kermit was the flirty one this tome! HA! twist!
    bouncingbabyfig likes this.
  4. bouncingbabyfig

bouncingbabyfig Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I'm content. How do you do that? You make it smoky and zesty all the while keeping a muppet tone to it? It's quite brilliant. Just so you know, I'm making mentle notes on how to deal with my husband. When I have one atleast. Well done! Good humor though, of course I didn't understand it but I could see the hints to where it was speaking. Made me blush slightly, but still fantastic! I love your writing Aunty Ru!:)
    miss kermie likes this.
  5. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

*chuckle* That's nice. I like it when, um, "personal" scenes like this involve more human emotions rather than just steaminess. It makes it all the more real to me. Good job.
  6. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

Ooooh I love it! Just the right amount of risque mixed with true affection. Love how Kermit is in constant battle with his "frogly" urges and I love the term "cavorting".

Wonderful job as always Ru! I too was in desperate need of frog/pig snuggling and you always deliver splendidly!
  7. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    *suffering sudden image of the Robin Hood ep mixed with the Broadway version of "Hair"* Cavort, cavort, cavort!!! Woo HOO!

The term "pollywog eyes" still cracks me up. And yes...Kermit missed a lucrative career as a snake-oil salesman, but I hear tell the snakes talked him out of it...

LOVE this. Even though the whole frog/pig dynamic is not my focus, you do it so darned WELL that I wind up dragged in and liking it anyway -- much as I imagine Piggy must feel right now! As usual, deft turns of phrase (frog help your hubby when you flirt with him, as clearly you have it down PAST art form and well into Master Craft, judging by this), real emotional wallop, and warm happy...er...fuzzies at the end!

BRAVA!
    ------------------
  8. miss muppet

miss muppet Active Member

I love your stories so much I absolutely love it
  9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well... The problem with the entire industry of trying to sell snake oil is, you just can't find anyone willing to oil the snakes.
    :o: Aaaaaah!

Exactly what I'd expect from a Ruahnna oneshot involving the frog/pig intimacy. Thank you for posting, hopefully this smackerel will tide us until you're able to resurface from out of under that pile of papers to post more KG.
    *Skulks away happily.
  10. The Count

Er Ru... I know I could easily place this in the FLI under your additional Poems and Short Stories category, but then that leads me to ask which of the rest of your entries should go into that same category. Please LMK ASAP to better list your fab fics.
    Thanks for your help and hope to read more from you when you can post it. :)
  11. Ruahnna

Ed--I am hopelessly organizationally challenged. I simply run at one-hundred-and-eleventeen to make up for it, so I am probably not the best one to ask. In general, I'd say it runs something like this:

The Neverending Opus
    Kermie's Girl (which will, in fact, end one day. I know this because I have chunks of that written, but we're not there yet.)

The Chapter Books
    A Pig Out of Water
    Somebody's Getting Married
    Getting Swamped
    Wearing O' The Green
    Err-A-Parent

Sectioned Stories
    Can't Help Loving That Frog of Mine
    Muppet Halloween: That's the Spirit!
    LeapFrog!
    A Cure for the Common Valentine
    Cheeky Frog
    Picking up the Pieces (which will be finished one day!)

One-Shots & Everything Else
    That's Some Pig* (Get a Room)
    Fancy Footwork*
    You're Not the Boss of Me
    Hey there gorgeous
    Wrapping Up
    The Party of the First Part
    The Party of the Second Part
    After the Interview: Backstage at the Late Late Show
    Scrooge Revisited
    Cold Flippers, Warm Heart
    Purely Ornamental (One Size Fits Snug)
    What an angel
    Yes D.E.A.R. Drop Everything and Read
    It's a Wonderful Count
    DC Almost Alive and Well (which I will finish before the Sprouse twins are grandparents—promise!)
    Poetry:
    Rainbow Ode

*These are sortof cheating because they are actually "future exerpts" from Kermie's Girl--things that I've already written but haven't happened in the timeline, yet. Several things have changed since I wrote them, however, so they will at least appear in an altered form down the road.

I hope that helps a little.

*Sheesh* It's finally happened--I'm muffining my OWN THREAD! Hahahaha! (maniacal laugh, maniacal laugh)
    miss kermie, newsmanfan and The Count like this.
  12. The Count

Good, then that's how I'll reshuffle your required readings. *Hopes to get more than just an extra lump of coal for the furnace after all this bookkeeping. :shifty:

Wait, where does Cavorting... It'll go into the oneshots category then. Thanks for posting Aunt Ru.
  13. Ruahnna

Um...hey guys. I'm completely wrapped around the axel and not quite able to break free from papers yet.

I don't have a whole story. I do have more of, er, (blush) this stuff.

Are you interested in another little plotless, um, romp (Well, not completely plotless! And not a complete romp either--LOL!) while I'm gearing up the next wedge of Kermie's Girl? I have one called Chase/Lounge that's kindof fun. (At least, I had fun writing it....)
  14. miss muppet

miss muppet Active Member

Cool if you do have more of ahem that stuff post it I just love the romantic connection with those two
  15. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

YES! YES! YEES! *ahem* sorry.
  16. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

As always, I would love to read more of your work-and I always love a little more frog/pig snuggling in the world! Please post soon! :)
  17. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Sure, post away!
  18. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

You know what amazes me, Ru? Your ability to find fragments of a big huge story that stand alone all by themselves just fine... like this. Or "Fancy Footwork," which happens to be one of my favorites of your stories. (I should re-read that. And Pig Out of Water... Love that one.)

You call this a story fragment, but it stands as a story quite well. It has a beginning, a middle, an end... And the conclusion is more than satisfactory. (Even if we don't get to see the climax... of the story, I mean, of course. :halo: )

All that said, I have to say that I enjoyed this story from the moment I saw the title. I immediately thought, "Cavort, cavort, cavort, cavort!" and then, "Cavorting, right?" "Well... actually, cavorting wrong." And then I saw that it was written by YOU, and I was just thrilled.

Another thing I like about your writing (because I haven't replied to any of your writing in ages, and I feel like heaping praise at your feet today) is how you write Kermit. He's still the same sweet, sensitive, wonderful, caring frog we all know and love... but he's also, y'know... a male. With hormones. And a snarky side. And a body that doesn't always entirely obey his brain. You strike just the right balance of those two pieces of his personality. (You're also fantastic at writing him when he reaches the end of his line and goes into arm-waving frenzy. I realize that has nothing to do with this story, but like I said, I haven't showered you with rightfully-earned praise in a while.)

And having said all of THAT... I entirely understand when the creative mind just refuses to cooperate and tell a specific story in a logical order. I look forward to reading anything your creative juices are prepared to brew.
    Muppetfan44 and newsmanfan like this.
  19. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Hear, hear!

You do fragments better than I do fics. Bring it on! :)
    ---------------
  20. Ruahnna

Well, this one is homeless, so I'll post it here just so it won't feel lonely. This one is called, "Healing," and while it doesn't have a specific place in KG, you can see that the emotion pouring off of it is fueled by what is happening to them in that story.

Healing

Piggy took one look at Kermit’s dejected figure and her heart felt like it might swell to bursting. That anyone could hurt him like this! That anyone could do this to him without knowing what a wonderful, compassionate, loving amphibian he really was set her temper to boiling. She walked over and put her soft, satin-gloved hand on the back of his neck. When he looked up, she kissed him.
    Kermit had, in his time, withstood some of the most impassioned kisses the planet was likely to recognize. This wasn’t one of those, but the knowingness of this kiss unseated him, made him tremble from head to toe. Piggy was here—Piggy who loved him and cherished him and who had wrapped herself around him with unconquerable love a thousand thousand times before. Kermit surged into her embrace, his lips answering hers blindly.
    She kissed him and pressed against him while her hands took him through a slow strip-tease, pulling and tugging and easing his clothes away—not in a frenzy, but at a pace to suggest that Piggy was prepared to lay in supplies and settle down for the long haul, loving him as long as was necessary and as thoroughly as she was able. Kermit seemed numb, overwhelmed and compass-less, but Piggy was patient with him, and once she began to remove her own clothes, Kermit seemed to remember how this was done and enter into the spirit of the thing.
    “Oh, ooh, Piggy,” Kermit murmured, as she nuzzled the underside of his neck. “Oh, Sweetie—sweetie—“ He gasped, instinctively pulling her closer, and though Piggy would have sworn she was as close as she could get without them merging into one person, she somehow managed to wedge herself more tightly along his length. Her tongue was wrestling with his but in a way that suggested recreation, not domination, although Kermit would have willingly succumbed to almost anything she wanted to do to him. It dawned on him a moment later that she might think of things he hadn’t yet, and his arms reached out and grasped her tightly. “Yes,” he murmured. “Yes, Sweetie—yes!”
    And Piggy, who seemed to know almost everything about him, somehow understood what he was offering, what he truly wanted, and enfolded him in her warm embrace.

“So…married life,” said Rowlf, pulling a little at his collar. “You recommend it?” He stared at his plate to avoid looking at Kermit.
    Kermit’s cheeks might have colored a little, but his voice was surprisingly firm. “Oh yeah,” he said casually. “Married life...it's good.”