1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Celebrate Puppetry" Festival in LA

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Buck-Beaver, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Got this via email today....kind of a mini-festival near L.A. with some workshops and a performance to coincide with National Day of Puppetry:

I'm so pleased to announce the Celebrate Puppetry Festival!!! We're already in the middle of pre-festival activities at Mt Gleason Jr. High and are about to begin the first of four stand-alone workshops at the McGroarty Arts Center. Here's the workshop info:

McGroarty Arts Center - 7570 McGroarty Terrace - Tujunga

Sunday March 28th 2-4pm
    Saturdays April 10th + 17th 4:30-6:30pm
    Sunday April 18th from 2-4pm

Join us for a workshop and make a simple Balinese style shadow character. Children 6-12 must be accompanied by an adult.

These activities lead up to the 6th Annual Day of Puppetry when we will perform Alice in the Shadows, our psychedelic rock n roll shadow play, at the Shouting Coyote Festival April 24th 7:30pm at Tierra Del Sol 9919 Sunland Blvd, Shadow Hills.

For additional information visit: www.balibeyond.com/cp.html or call Maria at (818) 837-9485.
  2. ScrapsFlippy

ScrapsFlippy Member

Thanks for the heads-up, Buck!

As per usual, I am impressed at how you always manage to know what's going on in L.A. (from your home in Canada) than I do (actually living in L.A.)

--Scraps