1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Special: The Cookie Thief
    Discuss "The Cookie Thief", an all-new one-hour Sesame Street special. "The Cookie Thief" also features the farewell performance of veteran Muppeteer Fran Brill.

"Celebrate Puppetry" Festival in LA

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Buck-Beaver, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Got this via email today....kind of a mini-festival near L.A. with some workshops and a performance to coincide with National Day of Puppetry:

I'm so pleased to announce the Celebrate Puppetry Festival!!! We're already in the middle of pre-festival activities at Mt Gleason Jr. High and are about to begin the first of four stand-alone workshops at the McGroarty Arts Center. Here's the workshop info:

McGroarty Arts Center - 7570 McGroarty Terrace - Tujunga

Sunday March 28th 2-4pm
    Saturdays April 10th + 17th 4:30-6:30pm
    Sunday April 18th from 2-4pm

Join us for a workshop and make a simple Balinese style shadow character. Children 6-12 must be accompanied by an adult.

These activities lead up to the 6th Annual Day of Puppetry when we will perform Alice in the Shadows, our psychedelic rock n roll shadow play, at the Shouting Coyote Festival April 24th 7:30pm at Tierra Del Sol 9919 Sunland Blvd, Shadow Hills.

For additional information visit: www.balibeyond.com/cp.html or call Maria at (818) 837-9485.
  2. ScrapsFlippy

ScrapsFlippy Member

Thanks for the heads-up, Buck!

As per usual, I am impressed at how you always manage to know what's going on in L.A. (from your home in Canada) than I do (actually living in L.A.)

--Scraps