1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Celebrating Frank Oz!

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by theprawncracker, May 25, 2007.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Today is Frank's birthday! So today we pay homage to one of the funniest men in show business. A man who brought us Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Grover, Cookie Monster, Bert, Sam Eagle, Animal, and so many more! Here's to you, Frank! And even you're gone from the Muppets, your spirit lives on always! :o :mad: :(
  2. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. OZ!:mad: :o :attitude:
  3. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, indeed! Does he know about/read this site at all? I would love if my wishes actually got to him :)
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Happy B-day! He definitely is one of the funniest men in show business. I've known his characters since childhood and he never fails to deliver. Even more impressive, I remember what the old 60 Minutes special said of him: "...whom many consider the greatest puppeteer in the world!" Nice! Hehe

Personally I commend him for branching out and trying new things all these years, he's directed some great films. But right now, I'm going to listen to Bert's rendition of "Some Enchanted Evening!" :(
  5. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Happy birthday to the man who gave voice to some of my very favorite characters including Cookie Monster and Grover. :)
  6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yes... And here's another happy birthday card from me to you Mr. Oz. Two of your mainstays have and always will be amongst my fave characters cause they always make me laugh: Cookie Monster and Animal, along with Bert too.
    Just don't let someone ruin the birthday by pulling your nose off. Though that might be harder with a human than with Bert.
  7. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

From the guys at "Muppet Stuff..." part 1

:o : Happy birthday Frank baby!

:rolleyes: : Baby?

:o : I'm so excited! I just can't hide it!
  8. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

"Muppet Stuff..." (part 2)

:halo: : PARTY! PARTY!

:( : Shhhh... I'm reading a book over here!

:rolleyes: : You don't get out much do you? Should I suggest therapy?
  9. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Muppet Stuff...(part 3)

:halo:: CHASE BERT! CHASE BERT!

:( : AHHHHHHHHH!

:o : (giggles) Happy Birthday Mr. Oz!
  10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

LoL!
  11. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

a message...

:) : Muppet Stuff was created to explore the imagination deep within you. Wanna be a part of it? Vist the Muppet Stuff thread in the Classic Muppets section. Note: "Muppet Stuff" may move...

:rolleyes:: Yeah, whatever... Now, what were we saying?

:halo: : HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FRANK OZ!
  12. Frank Oz's Birthday!

:excited: Happy, happy birthday Mr. Oz!:excited:

May you have the most Muppet-tastic of birthdays!

P.S.: Is that him pictured at the top of the main page (news page)? Never seen pics of Frank, so I just thought I'd ask.

Patricia/cherrypotion27

P.P.S: Does anyone know when Dave Goelz' (AKA man behind my favorite Fraggle, Boober) birthday is? Just curious.
  13. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: : July 16th ok!

:mad: : You are so arrogant!

:rolleyes:: (in romantic slur) For you Miss Piggy, I will be...
  14. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Happy Birthday to Frank Oz!

In honor of the day, here's a little bit of what "Of Muppets and Men" has to say about Frank:
    "Frank Oz's humor is a sudden release of energy, a surge of comic inventiveness that is in direct proportion to his habitual seriousness. It comes bursting out almost despite him, as if a psychological dam has crumbled... His comedy has vitality because to him it is a necessity; it is crucial to the way he deals with the world... Oz is one of the keys to the Muppets being funny because he has the ability to trigger the other performers. Time and again he provokes responses which add to the comedy of the scene being played."

(Patricia: Dave Goelz's bday is July 16th)
  15. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Yep! That is indeed a picture of Frank, along with some of his characters.:)
  16. Winslow Leach

Hey Patricia, check out these two vintage clips of Frank:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vgLWE7lTPag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPKng8j9Mnw

Hey Tutter Fan...check out the second clip...there's your "Kermit the Forg" routine!)
  17. Winslow Leach

Happy birthday, Mr. Oz!

Thank you for so many years of great entertainment and memories!

If you run into him, say hi to one of my all-time favorites, Lefty!

:)
  18. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANK OZ!"

Thank you for giving us hilarious Muppet Characters like Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam Eagle, George The Janitor, Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Lefty The Salesman, Harvey Kneeslapper and The Mighty Favog!
  19. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Mr. Oz!

Just think, somewhere out there in the world, Frank Oz is celebrating his birthday. That's awesome to think about. I hope he has a wonderful birthday, since he's given his fans so many wonderful moments with his creations, both in puppetry and in directing.

I celebrated Frank's birthday by ordering a pizza and watching "Revenge of the Sith". All those great Yoda scenes...

(Raises glass) Here's to you, Frank Oz. Happy Birthday!

Convincing John
  20. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Frank Oz is one of the many Muppeteers that I admire. He is one of the few that I would like to meet. Happy Birthday Frank. :mad: :o :(