Celebrating Jerry Juhl!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but a year ago today, we lost one of the greatest writing minds of our time. We spent that day and the days after mourning the loss of Jerry Juhl. And of course, we remember the amazing tribute picture made by MC's own Vic Romano. Also, myself, Beauregard and TogetherAgain wrote a short story entitled "A Hidden Juhl."

But, I don't think Jerry would want us to spend the day mourning him. Jerry wasn't a sad man, he was always upbeat and funny. So, I'm going to school today wearing pajama pants and my Sesame Street t-shirt with Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Grover, Oscar, Ernie and Bert that says "Street Smart." and I'll be spending the days cracking jokes, making puns and enjoying myself, in memory of Jerry.

We miss you Jerry ("Good grief the comedian's a bear!")! Thank you for all the memories you made for us, filled with love, longing and most of all, laughter.

Here's to Jerry Juhl! :zany: :excited: :big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'd just like to say thank you Jerry for everything and I hope you're smiling up in heaven. I'll be smiling thinking of you today!

Frogster

Reaction score
I had just gotten back from the Henson auditions in LA when I heard this the very next morning... I couldn't believe it. We miss ya, Jerry.

BEAR

Reaction score
Jerry Juhl was a genius. We just don't get that same blend of humor and heart anymore. He may be the last of the great script writers. Miss ya, Jerry!

MrsWembly

Reaction score
Jerry Juhl was one of the greats! He often inspired me as a writer. He will be truly missed. I remember crying at work when I found out about his passing.

Prawncracker, what kind of responses did you get in your pajamas?
I'm curious. Sounds like something I would do. :smile:
WAY TO GO!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
MrsWembly said:
Prawncracker, what kind of responses did you get in your pajamas?
I'm curious. Sounds like something I would do. :smile:
WAY TO GO!
Well, actually it was spirit week and pajama day. But everyone loved my SS shirt so that was happy. And also the fact that I was like the only guy wearing even remotely colorful PJ pants also helped...:halo: :big_grin: