Celebrity version of "Sing" questions

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I have some questions about this.

1. Does anyone know which version of the montage this is?

2. Wasn't there an alternate version (not the DVD version from What's The Name Of That Song or 3851) that was on another Sesame Street episode or something? I forget the episode, but it may be either 3952 or 3876.

3. Somebody on YouTube commented that Isaac Stern and Linda along with Barkley also appeared in a version, but why is Isaac Stern in it multiple times, when the Wiki says that he only appeared in the version from the 1990 Sing Joe Raposo documentary? Could the performances be recycled perhaps?

4. Does anyone know when these were taped?

I'm just curious about it, that's all.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I have some questions about this.

1. Does anyone know which version of the montage this is?

2. Wasn't there an alternate version (not the DVD version from What's The Name Of That Song or 3851) that was on another Sesame Street episode or something? I forget the episode, but it may be either 3952 or 3876.

3. Somebody on YouTube commented that Isaac Stern and Linda along with Barkley also appeared in a version, but why is Isaac Stern in it multiple times, when the Wiki says that he only appeared in the version from the 1990 Sing Joe Raposo documentary? Could the performances be recycled perhaps?

4. Does anyone know when these were taped?

I'm just curious about it, that's all.
The wiki info isn't really complete or clarified.

That video is the second version, used in 3860. The DVD uses that version. Isaac Stern is in the other version, not in re-used footage.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
What does it mean by The wiki info isn't really complete or clarified?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
What does it mean by The wiki info isn't really complete or clarified?
Like the regular Wikipedia's articles, Muppet Wiki's articles aren't entirely accurate, and often have changes made to them, so it's quite possible that not all the info is available or true. Correct me if I'm wrong, @Oscarfan .

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yes, the information is incomplete due to being only based on the one TV airing vs. the dvd release.