CG Tom & Jerry, Yogi Bear & Jetsons?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I will spot you that Jason Lee is woefully miscast (It really should have been Bob Sagat)...
The understatement of the century, my friend. :stick_out_tongue:

Let's hope that the Yogi Bear CGI flick has a GOOD live action Ranger Smith (i.e. Bob Saget...).

As far as Jetsons goes, PLEASE go fully-CGI with that one! I shudder to think of the sheer awfulness that a live-action Jetsons film would be.:embarrassed:

T&J, on the other hand, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. If it's as good as Tom & Jerry and The Magic Ring was, I think it'll be awesome!

BJ

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I must be in the minority in not particularly appreciating the work of Bob Sagat. I don't really mind him, but I'd rather see Colbert, Stewart or Carell in the ranger role.

If anyone can make a live action Jetsons film it's Robert Rodriguez. He's proven his appeal to young audiences with the Spy Kids trilogy and has proven his skills at creating a living comic book film with Sin City. The previous Jetsons film back in 1990 that relied a bit on 3D animation didn't go over very well. Maybe modern CG would work for it, but a live action version from this particular director (who is intent on getting the film made) could prove successful.

I still want a Captain Caveman film! :embarrassed:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I must be in the minority in not particularly appreciating the work of Bob Sagat. I don't really mind him, but I'd rather see Colbert, Stewart or Carell in the ranger role.
...Oh my gosh. Colbert or Carell would make that role their own and completely steal the show. PERFECT casting right there! Either of them!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion they'd make it Will Ferrel for some reason... Any excuse to make him wear disgustingly tight pants. :eek:

I agree that Rodriguez would make a great Jetsons movie... looking, that is, at sequences from Spy Kids 2... specifically Allan Cumming's odd kid show segment.

But here's the question... will a Jetsons movie or project at this point in time still hold up as well as it did in the 1960's, when people were looking to futuristic technology? I mean, look what we've got right now... cracker sized plastic bits with a microchip inside that play hours of music that contain libraries of what would be collected on multiple cassettes or CD's... We can watch TV on computers (though, the technology for that is still in it's infancy, if you ask me).

Of course, The Jetsons was basically a satire of modern times and the different conveniences of the 50's and 60's.... Things would always go wrong, wrong buttons would be pressed... we learned that things weren't that easy. I think that message would perfectly stand up today (even more so than in the 60's).

As far as Yogi Bear goes, Yogi had several movies... Hey there! It's Yogi Bear in the 60's... various HB telefilms of the 80's like Yogi's Great Chase. Whoever is working on this film needs to see these films on how to make a 6 minute cartoon hold an audience for an hour and a half.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think flying cars will still stand the test of time. Those weird birdhouse/space station-like hi-rises will as well. They should all stand the test of time better than Will Farrell's tight pants at least. :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still wonder if they're going to shove environmental issue into like they sort of did in the 1990 movie. I think the Harvey Birdman episode really did it much better, though.

I do agree a lot of what's futuristic in the Jetsons will always be futuristic, flying cars especially (like, what year is it now, man?). I just hope they get someone to do each character justice... Imagine Bob Hoskins or Danny Devito as Mr. Spacely... even Jason Alexander would be great. Just as long as we don't have any more at the moment pop stars play Judy. We went down that road before.

Wonder if Astro will be CGI, or they're going to make him a real dog... man, I hope they don't.

Erine81981

Reaction score

If anyone can make a live action Jetsons film it's Robert Rodriguez. He's proven his appeal to young audiences with the Spy Kids trilogy and has proven his skills at creating a living comic book film with Sin City. The previous Jetsons film back in 1990 that relied a bit on 3D animation didn't go over very well. Maybe modern CG would work for it, but a live action version from this particular director (who is intent on getting the film made) could prove successful.

I still want a Captain Caveman film! :embarrassed:
I agree with you on everything. Colbert, Stewart or Carell would work wonders in the movie as Rangers Smith. I love everyone of them. Also i would love to see a Captain Caveman movie. He was always my favorite Hanna-Barbera character of all time. I wouldn't mind seeing a Flintstone kids (even those everyone hates the kid versions of any of the older HB characters) movie.

animal0606

Reaction score
Why do they have to remake everything. I wish they would leave those classics. They re-made G.i.joe sigma, transformers energon I think it was called & beast wars (I know its different) come up with something original or is that to much to ask same thing for movies jeesh

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Meh... I wish there were more creativity in movies today other than using quality entertainment of the past as a crutch. Honestly, it's as though I can hear Hollywood big shots saying "Hey, this was popular and the kids seem to like it... Let's make a movie of it!"

I'm not knocking the classics. Heavens no. I just wish these filmmakers could learn to write a good movie instead of simply relying on the work of the past. In the long run, these movies do nothing for the franchise except embarrass the fans, ninety percent of the time.