1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

CGI Muppet Babies Show?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by erniebert1234ss, Jul 23, 2004.

1. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

WHAT?? MY FAVE SHOW IN CGI? hope they know *** they're doing, if it ain't done right, I'll have to sic Jeff Foxworthy on them! Seriously, Disney better come out with a piece of animation software like their Imagineers use. At one point they force-fed a "children's" animation program down everybody's throats and it was no good, I got it. If you are listening, Sir Eisner, do the right **** thing for once! I dont want to have to come in and throw your bum *** out!
  2. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Let's just say that I am steamed. I'm blowing off steam in the direction of Michael Eisner and hope to that Great Cub in the Sky that he actually listens to all of our complaints about this deal and the ones of us who are "true" animation buffs (No ANIME) who are really steamed at him right now because he's basically ruined us animation buffs' right to petition him for this, that or the other thing. I want to go in and kick him out so bad, it hurts me.
  3. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

Where did you read/hear about this?
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Everyone's heard of it, no?

BTW, do we think this will be decent, or will it be crass like *looks to make sure no one's looking* *gasps* *whispers* Lilo and Stitch. *gulp* Imagine Muppet Babies in that style animi...
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

What show?!
  6. Beauregard

When it was announced that Disney was taking over Muppet Babies, it was also annonced that hey were possibly making this new show. No?
  7. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

That's the rumor, although no one has really confirmed anything.
  8. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

So, those of us who actually *like* anime aren't "true animation buffs", is that it? Because we happen to like animated shows that come from Japan, we can't possibly enjoy or appreciate the animation that's done here? Remember: it was an anime that won the first Best Animated Picture Academy Award in 2003.

-Kim
  9. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The show hasn't been brought up in an official Disney/Henson press release per say, but it's been in development for awhile now.

It's basically a new animated CGI show with the Muppet Babies. Apparently, the plan is that the puppeteers will still operate the characters via the "Waldo" system.

Keep in mind though, with the Disney deal they may want to go in a different direction. We will probably hear something official on this in the next 12 months.
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah the plan was for Henson (not Disney) to make this using their in-house performance control system. It's not really CGI as in Lilo & Stitch but CGI as in computer assisted puppetry. I think Lisa Henson has indeed mentioned it officially, saying they had done tests and hadn't at that time shown Disney. I agree that since the sale it can now go in pretty much any direction though. Bear in mind the present Muppet Babies promotions haven't gone down a storm so quite possibly it could go in the direction of not happening. There was an insider at one point on another forum who said that some of the younger up and coming Muppeteers would be providing the voices and doing the waldo style puppeteering.
  11. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Second, actually. :cool:
  12. Skeeter Muppet

All right, I stand corrected on that point. But still...

-Kim
  13. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

i love the song in you're sig
  14. Skeeter Muppet

Idina Menzel rocks. That's all there is to it.

-Kim
  15. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

we sang that song in a showcase i was in
  16. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Since when was Lilo CGI? And no I doubt it would be done like that film anyway. Although I did like the film quite a bit.
  17. Beauregard

Er, actually, I'm not sure what Lilo is, but I was assuming it was part CGI...sorry bout that...
  18. Skeeter Muppet

The only CGI that was in Lilo and Stitch was most likely for the spaceships and other outer space scenes. Everything else was done in traditional 2-D animation; Disney even went back to using watercolor backgrounds for that film.

-Kim
  19. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

a question

Forgive me for my ignorance :o , but Skeeter Muppet, could you please tell me who that person is in your avatar? I believe he's a character in a Henson production performed by Richard Hunt, but that's all I can determine at the moment. :confused: :concern:
  20. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

That's alright Beau, we forgive you. Like Skeeter said the only major CGI to my knowledge was in the spaceship scene at the end.