1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

CGI Muppet Babies Show?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by erniebert1234ss, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I wouldn't want to see any more Muppets in there that wasn't in the original cartoon, but I definitely could see them sticking more to the MTM Piggy Fantasy as to how they all were when they were babies and it just be those few.

Then again, why CGI? Why not puppets??
  2. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

didnt Jim say they wanted puppets but it would be to hard to do?

...again, i could be wrong :zany:
  3. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Somewhere Jim had mentioned that the baby puppets were so small and chunky it was hard to control them, and it ended up hurting them after a while. He didn't really like them as puppets, so that might be why he did a cartoon instead of puppetry.

I heard/read it somewhere, but for the life of me I forgot where...
  4. Fozzie Bear

Well, that makes sense to me. Small puppets are cumbersome. I was just considering green screen technology for when they begin to imagine, if that'll be the same case in the CGI show as opposed to the cartoon.
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Greenscreen like say...that puppet Winnie the Pooh movie? Book of Pooh? That would be seriously nice.
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't realize how much Disney had to do with the special. Nice that all these companies managed to get together for a good cause (probably doesn't happen often!)
  7. Fozzie Bear

That's what I was thinking about.
  8. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

I dont know if puppets would be the best way to go. since the cartoon had the babies with so much movement stuff you could not do with a puppet.
  9. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

yeah, y'all are right, that puppets aren't the way to go. A CGI cartoon, maybe, but no puppets, because whenever Gonzo fell on his nose (BONK!) it was either on- or off-screen because it was for the gag to take full effect.

BJ
  10. Fozzie Bear

You can do anything with a puppet on greenscreen for sure. Ever seen that Book of Pooh show Beau mentioned? It's pretty cool what they can do with puppets, greenscreen, AND CGI.
  11. paganpoet

paganpoet New Member

Hi there, sorry, i have only just heard about this...is it still going to happen? I used to love Muppet Babies, and a CGI version would be great! I want to see nanny's stockings in 3D!
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

That sounds rather....wrong...
  13. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

To quote Hulk from a Toyfare mag-"Evil of CGI ruined every film it overused in!!!"
  14. I have very mixed feelings about this. If its a muppet babies show in CGI it would be alright, but they better never make the real muppets in CGI, that defeats the whole purpose of what the muppets are.
  15. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Didn't they make a webtoon of the Muppets at one time? I could be wrong but I could swear that it did. I kind of agree that CGI has been overused, I mean, it's great at first, but when every animated film is computer animated. The novelty kinda wears off. Kinda like Will Ferrell or Lindsey Lohan(Sure, she's young and hot, but she's really not that good of an actress)

Daniel
  16. I like CGI alright. It has its place. Just certain things, they shouldn't even go there and the muppets are one of them. The magic of the muppets is that they are puppets and they seem to kind of come to life. CGI would ruin that.
  17. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Ever since Toy Story became a huge deal, there is a total CGI overload, it's crazy.

I don't think I would like a CGI verison of the Muppet Babies, I just don't think it would work.